|Salary:||Up to £12.70 an hour plus fantastic benefits|
|Published:||12 days ago|
**Store Team Leader - Notting Hill **
Who are we?
We’re regarded as the trusted decorating and DIY retail brand in London, selling paint, tools, plumbing, electrical and woodwork materials throughout our 32 stores. As part of the Grafton Group we have the stability and support of a leader in the field of building materials and DIY retail.
Let’s paint the picture for you!
We do retail differently! As Store Team Leader, you'll be assisting trade and retail customers with all their DIY, decorating and building material needs, offering advice and guidance on a vast range of products and services. We are the local experts, and our customers are loyal to our specialist knowledge.
As the Store Team Leader you will be part of the store management team. You’ll be assisting with training and ensuring store processes run smoothly; including opening and closing, cashing up, and stock counts, and ensuring excellent customer service.
Our environments are very sociable and whether we're mixing paint, providing outstanding service at the tills, managing deliveries or keeping the store looking its best we do it with enthusiasm, knowing our customers will keep coming back.
What key skills and experiences are we looking for?
- Passion and desire to work in retail management – there’s natural progression into Deputy Store Manager roles!
- Confident communication skills – You’ll be interacting with customers and colleagues everyday
- Can-do attitude - We work better together, going the extra mile every day for each other, and for our customers
- Appetite to learn – Whether it's the products we sell, mixing paint, or our other in store services and procedures – the opportunities to learn will be endless!
- Previous customer facing experience as a Team Leader/Supervisor or similar - Whether in a builders’ merchant, DIY or other retailers, or hospitality
- Flexibility – Our stores are open 7 days a week, with opening times generally from 6:30am – 7pm with reduced hours at the weekends
How will we reward you?
We have an excellent benefits package on offer:
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Career Development – our fast track manager’s programme is open to everyone, developing our leaders of the future!
- 30 days holiday a year, increasing with service
- Up to 20% discount in Leyland SDM, plus discount across other Grafton Group brands
- Pension with competitive contributions
- Health Cash-plan – claim money back on everyday healthcare needs and treatments (Dental, physio, prescriptions to name a few)
- Share saving scheme into our parent company, the Grafton Group
- Company sick pay
- Life assurance
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- 100’s of retail discounts available through our flexible benefits portal
- Stock Control Assistant - Old Kent Road
Job location: Old Kent Road Job salary: Starting rate £21,424 pro rata (£10.30 p/h)
About Us Fancy developing your career with the ...
- Inventory Specialist
Job location: Tallaght Job salary: 28000 to 30000
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home& G...
- Team Leader - Kilkenny
Job location: Kilkenny Job salary: 31000 to 35000
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home & ...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs