|Published:||about 2 months ago|
Are you currently an Environmental Health Officer, HSE Inspector, H&S Advisor or equivalent H&S specialist looking for the next step in your career where you can make a real difference? Are you looking for a fresh challenge where you can make a big impact working with and alongside the management and operational teams?
If you are, read on!
Leyland SDM specialises in paint, tools, plumbing, electrical, woodwork & DIY materials with 33 high street stores across London, supported by our central support team and distribution centre in Wembley. We are currently on an exciting journey and have some very ambitious growth plans.
Leyland SDM is part of Grafton Group plc, an international distributor of building materials and related activities primarily to trade customers with leading positions in the UK, Republic of Ireland, the Netherlands and Finland. Grafton is also the market leader in the DIY, Home and Garden market in Ireland and the largest manufacturer of dry mortar in the UK.
We are looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to support the Leyland SDM business in delivering the HSE improvement plan as part of its wider Sustainability strategy.
Working with the Leyland SDM CEO and the HR Director, you will provide hands on guidance to our Leadership Team and all operational and support teams, helping them to implement HSE best practice and drive continuous improvement initiatives throughout the business.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide advice, support and guidance to operational managers on the application of legislative requirements and safe systems of work, making recommendations to maintain a safe and healthy environment for colleagues, customers and all other visitors.
- Conduct regular audits and report on store health, safety and environmental management performance, defining appropriate improvement actions.
- Investigate all incidents including unsafe events, working with operational management teams and others to identify causes and define appropriate actions to avoid recurrence.
- Monitor timely completion of improvement actions by operational management teams
- Support the development of HSE management capability through the provision and delivery of support, coaching and training at all levels
- Act as a role model for effective health and safety leadership, setting the standard at the top and developing an open health and safety culture throughout the business, with high levels of communication and engagement across stores and support teams.
Additionally you will collaborate as part of the wider Grafton Group Safety, Health and Environment team to share best practice and learnings across the Grafton Group.
What skills and experience you will need as a minimum?
* NEBOSH General Certificate qualification or preferably a higher level Diploma or Degree
* Technical Member of Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (Tech IOSH), working towards Graduate Member status
* Good understanding of health and safety management and personal experience implementing initiatives across multiple sites.
* Strong communication and problem-solving skills
* Can prioritize and manage workload effectively to meet deadlines.
How will we reward you?
On top of an attractive salary we have an excellent benefits package on offer:
* Hybrid working
* Generous bonus opportunity
* 33 days holiday a year (includes public holidays)
* Generous Company Pension contributions
* Up to 20% discount in Leyland SDM, plus discount across other Grafton Group brands
* Health Cashplan – claim money back on everyday healthcare needs and treatments (Dental, physio, prescriptions to name a few)
* Share saving scheme into our parent company, the Grafton Group
* Enhanced Maternity/ Paternity Leave
* Paid business travel
* Paid time off for Volunteering
* Company sick pay
* Life assurance
* Cycle2work scheme
* 100’s of retail discounts available through our flexible benefits portal
If you are an experienced Health and Safety professional with a passion for making a positive impact and delivering results, then we would love to hear from you!
- Kitchen Design Consultant - North Dublin
Job location: Job salary: DOE
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home & ...
- Yard Supervisor - Heiton Steel - Clondalkin, Dublin 22
Job location: Dublin
Yard Supervisor - Heiton Steel - Clondalkin, Du...
- General Operative - Walkinstown, Dublin 12
Job location: Dublin Job salary: 26,000 - 30,000
General Operative - Walkinstown, Dublin 12 Part...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs