|Up to £31,000 depending on experience
|10 months ago
Leyland SDM specialises in paint, tools, plumbing, electrical, woodwork & DIY materials. We have 33 high street stores across London, supported by our central support team and distribution centre in Wembley. We are currently on an exciting journey and have some very ambitious growth plans.
Let’s paint the picture for you!
Our store experience and team cultures are underpinned by our values, and are vital to continue our strong performance. Our Deputy Store Managers play a key role in making this happen.
You’ll align with the Store Manager and lead the shop floor to ensure exceptional, consistent store standards, creating a fantastic culture and fun atmosphere. Honing your skills, you’ll be creating an in-store environment that makes customers feel welcome and comfortable, delivering excellent store performance at every turn.
What key skills and experience are we looking for?
* Assist the Store Manager in running the day-to-day operation of the store and deputise in their absence.
* Supervising and coaching all colleagues to become local experts; able to provide exceptional customer service.
- Get involved in people responsibilities – Recruitment, probation/people reviews, reward, recognition, training and development.
* Supervisory and or management experience.
* Experience within trade, retail or hospitality is preferred but not essential - don’t worry if you don’t know all our products, we will give you all the training you need through our exclusive training academy!
How we will reward you
* Competitive salary and very generous bonus opportunity
* Pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
* Enhanced Maternity/paternity leave
* Health cash plan claim money back on everyday healthcare needs and treatments (Dental, physio, prescriptions to name a few)
* Employee discounts across the Grafton group and other high street stores
* Training and management opportunities/ apprenticeships
* Company sick pay
* Share saving scheme into our parent company, the Grafton Group
* Early Pay – the ability to withdraw your salary in advance
* Paid day off for Volunteering
* Life assurance
* Cycle to work scheme
* Refer a friend scheme
In addition, you will be working for a well-established, successful and growing company in the heart of the trade. If you are passionate about customer service and are looking to further your career in retail, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- Order Picker - Delivery Hub, Birmingham
Job location: Birmingham Job salary: Starting rate £21,450 pro rata (£11.00 p/h)
The Job Working as part of a team providing ex...
- Retail Deputy Manager - Sandyford
Job location: Sandyford Job salary: DOE
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home & ...
- Store Manager
Job location: Job salary: Up to £40,000 depending on experience
Leyland SDM specialises in paint, tools, plumbi...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs