|Published:||13 days ago|
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home & Garden retailer in Ireland with 35 stores nationwide and an online presence. We are proud to be listed as Ireland's Top Retailer in the Great Places to Work Index, as well as one of Europe’s 75 Best Large Workplaces and an official Best Workplaces for Women! We are also recognised by the Irish Centre for Diversity & Inclusion as an accredited Investor in Diversity.
We are currently recruiting for a Category Executive to join our Commercial Team.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Manage our supplier network and develop new supplier relationships, from identifying potential suppliers and products through to leading tenders and negotiating agreements with suppliers.
- Fully own and lead the category strategy with regards range change, new range development and supplier performance improvement.
- Excellent commercial awareness – of main competitors, current trends – while providing weekly sales, promotions and stock info, ultimately driving a commercial & profitable range
- Proficient in excel, analytical, confident with numbers and able to identify patterns and trends, ability to learn new systems quickly with the ability to conduct regular reviews to maximise sales.
- Collate and deploy the promotional offers and engage with all internal partners to ensure the accurate deployment of the promotional plan.
- Able to manage workload and time effectively to juggle ad-hoc work alongside usual tasks and longer-term projects.
- Have retail and supplier management experience in a fast-paced Commercial/Buying department.
- Ability to build great relationships based on excellent communication and trust.
- Have a track record working in a team that is responsible for sourcing product ranges, inventory and working collaboratively with other teams.
- Experienced in supporting product life cycle plans & category range reviews.
Our benefits include
- Company Pension
- Discounted Healthcare
- Paid Maternity & Parental leave
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Educational Assistance
- Bonus Scheme
- Colleague Discount
- Wellness initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Woodie's! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Kitchen Design Consultant - North Dublin
Job location: Job salary: DOE
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home & ...
- Yard Supervisor - Heiton Steel - Clondalkin, Dublin 22
Job location: Dublin
Yard Supervisor - Heiton Steel - Clondalkin, Du...
- General Operative - Walkinstown, Dublin 12
Job location: Dublin Job salary: 26,000 - 30,000
General Operative - Walkinstown, Dublin 12 Part...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs