|Published:||about 2 months ago|
Leyland SDM specialises in paint, tools, plumbing, electrical and woodwork materials from our 32 high street stores across London with ambitious growth plans over the next 5 years.
Let’s paint the picture for you!
The HR Manager role is a great opportunity to support a growing trade and retail DIY business in London. You will provide a professional and efficient HR and People service to the company, and will be responsible for providing a supportive, pragmatic and excellent generalist HR and Colleague Engagement service to all people and stakeholders across the business.
What will you be doing?
Provide support and work closely with Management to ensure the successful execution of HR initiatives including HR/Payroll/Benefits Administration, Talent Management, Performance Management, Employee Engagement, Diversity and Inclusion and Sustainability.
Support in the provision of proactive first line advice, assistant and guidance to business colleagues and managers in all areas of Company policy, procedures, legislation including the review, development and implementation of Company policies including Performance management and probationary periods, family friendly policies, investigations, disciplinary and grievance cases, absence management and attendance.
Drive engagement and communication initiatives, making sure action plans are in place to drive positive change, including supporting delivery of the annual Employee Engagement Survey and other Employee Feedback mechanisms (e.g. Exit Interviews, Colleague Committee) to create the voice of our colleagues and feedback results to develop a clear improvement plan.
Review and interpretation of data that provides insight and added value to the business and supporting management to develop action plans to address results.
Manage the delivery of the all HR administration lifecycle processes (including HR, Training, Payroll and Employee Benefits and Engagement), ensuring all tasks and activities are completed on time and with high accuracy and continually develop and improve processes.
Manage and develop colleague reward and recognition, raising awareness of colleague benefits to ensure everyone maximises on what is on offer and identify opportunities to improve reward and recognition across the business and implement any new initiatives.
Work with suppliers and Grafton Group support functions in the development of HR and Payroll systems and solutions to ensure they fit for purposes and are managed efficient and effectively. Establish an environment that enables our teams to create specialist knowledge experiences for our customers.
What Skills and Experience will you need to have?
- Previous proven experience in a HR Manager/HR Business Partner/Senior HR Advisor role in a fast-pace retail or multi-site business
- Good working knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office and other IT systems, in particular HR/Payroll solutions
- Excellent customer service skills with a strong customer focus
- Enjoy fact-finding and resolving queries
- Take responsibility for own workload and be proud to do a good job, whilst also being aware of, and supporting, the overall team priorities and workload
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A dynamic, switched-on approach
- Strong interpersonal skills and a confident communicator
- The ability to work effectively within a small/close team
- A high level of accuracy within a fast-paced and pressurised environment with a positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding and appreciation of confidentiality within a sensitive environment
How will we reward you?
We have an excellent benefits package on offer:
- Annual bonus opportunity
- 25 days holiday a year plus public holidays
- Up to 20% discount in Leyland SDM, plus discount across other Grafton Group brands
- Pension with salary sacrifice contributions
- Health Cashplan – claim money back on everyday healthcare needs and treatments (Dental, physio, prescriptions to name a few)
- Share saving scheme into our parent company, the Grafton Group
- Company sick pay
- Life assurance
- Cycle2work scheme coming soon
- 100’s of retail discounts available through our flexible benefits portal
- Stock Control Assistant - Old Kent Road
Job location: Old Kent Road Job salary: Starting rate £21,424 pro rata (£10.30 p/h)
About Us Fancy developing your career with the ...
- Inventory Specialist
Job location: Tallaght Job salary: 28000 to 30000
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home& G...
- Team Leader - Kilkenny
Job location: Kilkenny Job salary: 31000 to 35000
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home & ...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs