|Salary:||30000 to 33000|
|Published:||20 days ago|
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home & Garden retailer in Ireland with 35 stores nationwide and an online presence. We are proud to be listed as Ireland's Top Retailer by Great Places to Work and an official Best Workplaces for Women for the past three years! We are also recognised by the Irish Centre for Diversity & Inclusion as an accredited Investor in Diversity.
We are looking for a Team Leader to help grow and develop our team and our brand locally in our Newbridge store.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 2 years retail management experience
- Be experienced in leading an developing a team in a customer-facing environment
- Have a desire to support and mentor our store colleagues
- Be an authentic leader who builds an environment where every colleague can be themselves and do their best work.
- Be comfortable with holding performance-related discussions when needed
- Be a superb communicator with the ability to articulate messages clearly, listen to others, and engage with people
- Place a value on innovation and trying new ideas
- Recognise the importance of diversity of thought and backgrounds as key factors for teams to operate at their best.
Main role responsibilities include:
- Delivering extraordinary customer service, actively mentoring and motivating our store team
- Effectively communicating business goals and objectives to our colleagues
- Identifying commercial opportunities in your local area
- Being responsible for cash and stock control
- Supporting the store management team in making the best use of our payroll and headcount budgets
- Supporting with the recruitment of store colleagues when required
- Authorising and handling refunds and exchanges
- Managing performance of your store colleagues
- Conducting Performance Appraisals when required and supporting with talent and succession planning for your team
- Following health and safety regulations whilst maintaining excellent operational standards to provide a safe environment for our customers and colleagues.
- Create a phenomenal shopping experience for all customers
- Permanent contact
- Full time 39-hour contract
- Working week 5 out of 7 days; every second weekend and Bank holiday required
Our benefits include:
- Company Pension
- Discounted Healthcare
- Paid Maternity & Parental leave
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Educational Assistance
- Bonus Scheme
- Colleague Discount
- Wellness initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Woodie's! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Credit Controller
Job location: Wembley
Credit Controller Head Office, Wembley We a...
- Apprentice HR Systems and Data Analyst
Job location: Birmingham
About Us Grafton is an international trade focu...
- Credit Control Manager
Job location: Wembley Job salary: Up to £60,000
Credit Control Manager Based at Head Office in...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs