|Contact name:||Rosie Howells|
|Published:||4 months ago|
Who We Are & What We Stand For
At Grafton, we pride ourselves in our people and put diversity, equality and inclusion at the forefront of our recruitment process. We realise how important and valuable it is to have a diverse workforce and of the benefits that this brings.
We place great importance on the communities that we operate in. We undertake many local community and charitable support projects and have high levels of longevity within our Teams.
We also have many sustainability initiatives on our roadmap to ensure we are operating in ways that are environmentally and socially aware.
We are keen to hear from candidates who share in these values, who are keen to build a career that can grow and develop with our support over time and who have a passion for making a difference.
We also realised that no candidate will meet every single desired qualification on our job requirements so even if your experience looks a little different from what we have identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we would love to learn more about you.
Grafton Group is an international business that distributes building materials to tradespeople in the UK, Ireland, Netherlands and Finland and operates in the DIY, Home and Garden retailing market in Ireland. We also manufacture dry mortar and staircases in the UK. We are a FTSE 250 listed business and what we do is central to the building, construction and renovation industries across Europe creating the places that we live, work and play and working collaboratively to make this industry more sustainable.
You will be part of our terrific Group Team, playing an important role coordinating the Group’s responsible sourcing strategy relating to our product suppliers by collecting, analysing and presenting data to guide key business decisions.
This is great opportunity for ambitious and motivated candidates with excellent analytical skills and an interest in sustainability to help us deliver out sustainability strategy focusing on the social and environmental impact of the products that we sell.
This role is full time but with a degree of flexibility available. Standard working hours are 9-5pm however we are happy to consider some flexibility.
* Managing, analysing & reporting the data relating to suppliers.
* Checking supplier compliance to the risk management questionnaires.
* Establishing process for review and improvement of supplier risk management.
* Day to day contact for the third party overseeing the supplier database.
* Providing support to commercial teams to follow up on outstanding supplier actions;
* Leading the data collection and analysis for the Grafton Group’s Scope 3 product sustainability information.
* Support the Group Head of Sustainability and Procurement Director to identify and implement improvements to the Group’s supply chain management programme.
* Assisting with the data collection and reporting on sustainability.
* Supporting on other projects as necessary.
* Proactive and natural problem solver;
* Enjoy working with range of different people, learning and continued development.
* Strong communicator with the ability to work with colleagues and management.
* Proactive and capable of directing own work.
* A pragmatic and flexible attitude and a willingness to assist with a range of different tasks.
* Consistent performance under pressure while remaining calm and self-assured.
* Disciplined, highly organised, detailed and focused on quality work.
Analytical and Technical Skills
* Excellent data collection, analysis and reporting skills using a range of tools and systems including excel and BI tools (including Power BI).
* Interest in sustainability issues including human rights, labour standards, carbon accounting
Benefits of joining Grafton Group plc
* An employer who champion diversity, equality and inclusion and have strong core values that we make everyday decision with.
* 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays) with an option to purchase an additional five.
* Long Service Awards
* Bonus Opportunity for all colleagues to achieve an annual bonus payment.
* Company pension with 3% employer contributions and 5% employee via a salary sacrifice scheme. Options to amend this up to a total of 20% contribution split between employer and employee with further details provided on joining.
* All colleagues receive a company paid Private Health Cash plan, which also allows the addition family members, helping to support the cost of everyday healthcare.
* Offer of an annual health screening for all colleagues at all our sites
* Full Life Assurance cover for all employees of 3[PH1] times salary
* Opportunities for career progression are highly encouraged and supported through a mixture of certified routes, team mentorship and internal development.
* ‘Save as you earn’ Group share save scheme available.
* Spread the cost of a new bicycle through our national Cycle to work scheme.
* Colleague Discount card covering all businesses within Grafton Group
* Instant access to hundreds of retail discounts and cashback opportunities through our benefits portal
* Our free confidential Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial, legal to home and family issues.
- Department Manager (Shopfloor) - Hanger Lane
Job location: London Job salary: Starting rate £29,932.50 pro rata (£15.35 p/h)
The Job Motivating and inspiring a team of col...
- HGV Driver - Delivery Hub, Birmingham
Job location: Birmingham Job salary: £34,164 pro rata (£14.60 p/h)
The Job Working as part of a team providing ex...
- Van Driver - Salford
Job location: Manchester Job salary: Starting rate £25,272 pro rata (£10.80 p/h)
The Job Working as part of a team providing ex...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs