|about 1 month ago
Sales Representative - Letterkenny
Part of Grafton Group Plc, Chadwicks Group is the market leader in the builder’s merchanting industry in the Republic of Ireland. The core business is through the traditional Builders Merchants division. Main brands include Chadwicks, Cork Builders Providers, Davies & Telfords. In addition, and through organic growth and acquisitions the Group have established a range of brands which are close to the core but offer a uniquely different range of products. These include Heitons Steel, Panelling Centre, Morgans Timber, Proline, Sitetech & Rooney’s Hardware.
As Sales Representative, you are responsible for generating building material sales, managing customer relationships and construction related activity with key customers within a geographical area to achieve company objectives as directed by the Regional Director.
Knowledge & Experience
- At least two years’ proven building materials sales experience within the construction industry i.e. similar role in a builders merchants or construction related company and or B to B selling in the construction industry
- Excellent knowledge of all building material products, existing and upcoming products
- Proven experience of dealing with building contractors and specifiers
- Third level qualification in construction or business related discipline is highly desirable
- Engage key strategic customers and potential contractors in-line with customer relationship management framework guidelines and technical offerings to build strong relationships to gain maximum market advantage.
- Promote the Company’s building material products and services, by regularly visiting and otherwise contacting his/her customers (based on the Company guidelines and the Customer Classification)
- Upselling additional brands such as Sam Hire and Plumb Centre
- Preparing quotations for customers
- Preparing Account Plans to meet sales targets and maintain or develop the relationship with his/her Customers
- Ensuring payment terms are adhered to as per customer contract
- To be responsible for the commercial management of project management activity. Working collaboratively to ensure maximum commercial advantage and commitment achieved from technical resource and project specifications.
- Supporting the Company’s common goals by working with team members, cross-functional working with other teams/functions and pro-actively participating/delivering on commitments
- Adhering to Company reporting procedure/commercial admin systems, offering appropriate feedback and information. Typical activities include:
o To plan each visit and record a visit-report as appropriate
o To enrich the customer data base with sales information, collected from the field.
o To be responsible for safety aspects for self and others.
o To be responsible for achievement of debt management within area of responsibility
o To manage claims for products or services performance issues in-line with Company guidelines.
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Effective team working and networking skills
- Commercial awareness and numeracy skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- Strong sales skills and negotiation skills
- The flexibility and willingness to learn
- Target driven with the ability to think strategically
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Strong account management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Negotiation and analytical skills
- A positive attitude
- IT literacy and the ability to handle analytical data
- Branch employees
- Branch Manager
- Regional Director
- Head Office team
- Customers & Suppliers
- Full time 39 hour contract
- Working week Monday to Friday
Our Benefits Include
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Commission Pay
- Fully expensed Company vehicle
- Tax Free lunch allowance
- Private Health Care
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Saving Scheme
- Profit Share Scheme
- Colleague Discount
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Chadwicks Group we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
DISCLAIMER: Chadwicks Group reserves the right at any time to change, delete, or add to any of the provisions of this Role Profile at its sole discretion and it is the colleagues responsibility to familiarise themselves with these changes. Furthermore, the provisions of this Role Profile are designed by Chadwicks Group to serve as guidelines
- Customer Assistant (Checkouts) - Watford
Job location: Watford Job salary: Starting rate £21,840 pro rata (£11.20 p/h)
The Job Working as part of a team providing ex...
- Replenishment Specialist - Naas
Job location: Naas Job salary: €13.42
Woodie's; the market leader DIY, Home and Garde...
- Customer Assistant (Shopfloor/Yard/Car Park) - New Southgate
Job location: New Southgate Job salary: Starting rate £21,840 pro rata (£11.20 p/h)
The Job Working as part of a team providing ex...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs