|Published:||about 2 months ago|
We are regarded as the trusted decorating and DIY retail brand, selling paint, tools, plumbing, electrical & woodwork materials throughout our 32 stores across London. As part of the Grafton Group we have the stability and support of a leader in the field of Building Materials & DIY Retail.
Let’s paint the picture for you!
We have an fantastic & exciting opportunity for a passionate Sales & Operations Director to work with a well-established, growing business to add value and drive improvements in sales and customer service. This role is reporting directly into the Chief Executive and will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
As leader of the Sales & Operations teams which covers store operations, business development, customer service and visual merchandising, a key focus will be driving sales and delivering first class service to our customers.
You will be comfortable working in a matrix organisation and alongside support functions, to ensure all new initiatives, business objectives and company strategies are implemented on time, effectively and achieve the enhancement in sales & profit targets. You will be able to identify both short and long-term solutions to business needs and opportunities, through creating clear processes and simple systems that better enable our store teams to achieve amazing customer experiences and grow our brand in the market. You will model Leyland SDM’s Vision and Values as leader, a coach and performance driven manager.
What will you be doing?
Empowering & Developing Our People
- Engage your team by providing direction and clarity of business plan goals through quarterly planning, effective prioritization, and regular communication. Ensure that your team understand their own personal contribution to the Business plan goals from day one.
- Effectively manage the performance of your team(s) ensuring that any gaps in performance are highlighted in one to ones and performance improvement plans.
- Motivate and reward your team through clear communication of achievement of targets.
- Know your business and identify and implement sales opportunities to drive improvement in sales.
- Contribute to the creation of an environment that enhances customer experiences; setting clear expectations, leading by example, and providing regular feedback.
- Work with the Marketing team to pro-actively plan and execute activities around campaign and promotions, adapting as appropriate to the customer/channel requirements.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the sales data (retail & trade accounts) to identify trends and opportunity and identify strategic measures and opportunities to drives sales
Ongoing reviews of productivity, understand challenges and create plans of action to achieve targets, championing stable store teams and high levels of customer experience.
Regular detailed analysis on business costs and identifying and implementing opportunities for efficiencies and monitor performance in line with targets.
Identify and manage all key areas of stock loss and implement appropriate measures and controls to ensure shrinkage is kept to a minimum.
Delivering Operational Excellence
- Ensure that all members of your team are aware of the brand standards and consistently deliver and lead by example. Be visible, provide clear and consistent messages across all areas of your business, on an individual and team basis as required.
- Create and maintain a safe environment for our colleagues and customers through excellent and compliant operational practices.
- Ensure only the highest quality product is available and displayed abundantly and beautifully, and provide training ‘shoulder to shoulder’ on what good looks like.
- Ensure stock in stores is monitored and consistently maintained at high levels of availability.
Developing our Culture
- Champion the company values and behaviours; leading by example, recognising progress, commitment, and personal development.
- Establish an environment that enables our teams to create specialist knowledge experiences for our customers.
What Skills & Experience will you need to have?
- At least 3 years Retail/Trade Management,
- Leads, directs, and motivates others; provides timely and specific feedback.
- Acts proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear purpose, enthusiasm, and a “can-do” attitude.
- Provides clear direction and sets priorities to accomplish desired actions and results; seeks talented and skilled people to build high performing teams; keeps team members informed, ensures their needs are met, and removes barriers; delegates responsibility and empowers team members to do their jobs.
- Presents ideas, concepts, and information effectively and clearly through the spoken word; actively listens; communicates comfortably with various audiences; responds effectively to questions.
- Adapts and changes course of action when appropriate; effectively transitions from task to task; deals well with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- A track record of holding a hands-on senior role with operational achievements and new site acquisitions, alongside process & systems development, project management, and being a key member of a multi-functional project group.
How will we reward you?
We have an excellent benefits package on offer:
- Annual bonus opportunity of upto 30% of salary
- 33 days holiday a year (includes public holidays)
- Up to 20% discount in Leyland SDM, plus discount across other Grafton Group brands
- Pension with competitive contributions
- Health Cashplan – claim money back on everyday healthcare needs and treatments (Dental, physio, prescriptions to name a few)
- Share saving scheme and LTIPS into our parent company, the Grafton Group
- Company sick pay
- Life assurance
- Cycle2work scheme coming soon
- 100’s of retail discounts available through our flexible benefits portal
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs