|Salary:||Up to £11.95 an hour depending on experience|
|Published:||about 1 month ago|
We are the local experts!
We’re regarded as the most helpful decorating and DIY retail brand, selling paint, tools, plumbing, electrical and woodwork materials throughout our 32 stores across London. We have stores opening soon in London and we have a number of Retail Sales Assistant roles covering both full and part time and we are looking for candidates who are fully flexible.
Let’s paint the picture for you!
We do retail differently! At Leyland SDM, our retail sales assistants do not spend countless hours stuck on a till. Instead, you'll spend your days assisting trade and retail customers on the shop floor with all their DIY, decorating and building material needs; offering advice and guidance on a vast range of products and services.
We are the specialists, and our customers are loyal to our expertise and knowledge.
Don’t worry if you’ve never worked in DIY retail before, you’ll receive all the training you need to support you in becoming our next local expert!
Our environments are very sociable and whether we're mixing paint, providing outstanding service at the tills, managing deliveries or keeping the store looking its best, we do it with enthusiasm.
What key skills and experiences are we looking for?
* Confident communication skills – You’ll be interacting with customers everyday
* Can-do attitude - We work better together, going the extra mile every day for each other, and for our customers
* Appetite to learn – Whether it's the products we sell, mixing paint, our other in-store services and procedures – the opportunities to learn will be endless!
* Previous customer facing experience - Whether that’s from other retailers or hospitality
* Flexibility – Our stores are open 7 days a week, with opening times generally from 6:30am – 7pm with reduced hours at the weekends
How we reward our Retail Sales Assistants?
We have an excellent benefits package on offer:
* Annual bonus opportunity
* Career Development
* 30 days holiday a year, increasing with service
* Up to 20% discount in Leyland SDM, plus discount across other Grafton Group brands
* Pension with competitive contributions
* Health Cash-plan – claim money back on everyday healthcare needs and treatments (Dental, physio, prescriptions to name a few)
* Share saving scheme into our parent company, the Grafton Group
* Company sick pay
* Life assurance
* Refer a friend scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* 100’s of retail discounts available through our flexible benefits portal
- General Operative- Mallow Road- Cork
Job location: Cork
General Operative- Cork Builders Providers- Mal...
- Customer Assistant (Checkouts) - Cheltenham
Job location: Cheltenham Job salary: Starting rate £20,800 pro rata (£10.00 p/h)
About Us Fancy developing your career with the ...
- Sales Representative - Roscommon
Job location: Roscommon
Sales Representative - Roscommon Part of Graf...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs