|Salary:||up to £33,000 per annum plus fantastic benefits|
|Published:||28 days ago|
Full Time, Permanent
Hybrid (3 days in office)
Acton Head Office
London, W3 7XA
Who we are:
We are the local experts.
We're regarded as the trusted decorating and DIY retail brand in London, selling paint, tools, plumbing, electrical and woodwork materials throughout our 32 stores. As part of the Grafton Group, we have the stability and support of a leader in the field of building materials and DIY Retail. Our culture and values underpin everything we do, and we value our people.
Our business is growing, and we have an exciting opportunity for a Recruitment Advisor to join us.
Reporting to the Recruitment Manager, you will take ownership of recruitment and talent processes across our London based stores and warehouse.
As the Recruitment Advisor you’ll use your experience and confidence to ensure we have great talent joining our business; from Sales Advisors to Store Supervisors, and Warehouse Assistants. This is a fast-paced role which will require excellent time management and communication skills. You’ll also be joining a close-knit HR team who like to have fun while they work!
This role would suit someone who has previous experience in retail recruitment in London, who is ready to take a step-up. You'll receive excellent training, and have the opportunity to add to your growing skill-set, all whilst showcasing your profile across all levels of the business. You'll be empowered to deliver excellence and make decisions that impact and shape the business.
Recruitment Advisor – What will you be doing?
- Work with the Recruitment Manager, Recruitment Advisor and Hiring Managers to maintain, update and progress all live vacancies across our recruitment systems; ensuring all vacancies are accurate, visible, and accessible to apply.
- Proactively seek out new channels to market, with a view to raising the Leyland SDM profile, and ensuring we are an employer of choice.
- Use all resources available to you to source direct referrals, and proactively look for opportunities to increase applications.
- Work with the Recruitment Manager to ensure all vacancies are advertised in the most effective way, to increase the quality and quantity of candidates.
- Take ownership in screening and shortlisting the best talent to work in our stores and warehouse, working with the Hiring Managers to book in interviews in a swift and timely manner.
- Work closely with the HR Manager, Area Managers, Store Managers and Warehouse team to ensure we are reaching requirements in each location, identifying and advising on any potential future recruitment needs.
- Support in and facilitate assessment centres and Recruitment Open Days as required.
- Ensure the candidate experience is excellent by utilising exceptional communication skills, ensuring all candidates are contacted before a vacancy is closed.
- Support Hiring Managers in developing their recruitment skills by attending face-to-face interviews on site, and offering coaching and advising, as needed.
- Monitor and respond to all enquiries within the Careers Inbox.
- Promote Leyland SDM as an employer of choice by attending external events as required and represent the company in a professional manner, for example; Career Fairs; Open Days, Regional events, Job Centre events as well as promoting vacancies on Social Media platforms.
- Work with Recruitment Manager in implementing initiatives to enhance the recruitment procedures and policies, to deliver the needs of the business.
- Involvement with wider recruitment projects as needed.
What skills and experience will you need to have?
- Previous experience as a recruiter within a recruitment agency, or in-house as part of a recruitment team
- Experienced at managing a high volume of vacancies across a multi-site business
- Experience of working with Applicant Tracking Systems
- Exceptional communicator, both verbally and written
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- A “can-do” attitude, responding well to change
- Self-motivated with a drive to deliver excellence
- An approachable and friendly manner, and excellent interpersonal skills
How will we reward you?
We have an excellent benefits package on offer:
- Career development opportunities
- Annual bonus opportunity
- 30 days holiday a year, increasing with service
- Free parking at Acton Head Office
- Up to 20% discount in Leyland SDM, plus discount across other Grafton Group brands
- Pension with competitive contributions
- Share saving scheme into our parent company, the Grafton Group
- Company sick pay
- Health Cash-plan - save money on everyday healthcare needs and treatments
- Life assurance
- 100’s of retail discounts available through our flexible benefits portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Kitchen Sales Advisor - Navan
Job location: Navan Job salary: 30000
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home & ...
- Plant Hire Fitter - Castlebar
Job location: Castlebar
Hire Fitter Part of Grafton Group Plc, Chadwic...
- Branch manager - Sligo
Job location: Dublin
Branch Manager Reporting to the Regional Dire...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs