|26 days ago
Receptionist - Robinhood Road, Drimnagh, Dublin 22
Part of Grafton Group Plc, Chadwicks Group is the market leader in the builder’s merchanting industry in the Republic of Ireland. The core business is through the traditional Builders Merchants division. Main brands include Chadwicks, Cork Builders Providers, Davies & Telfords. In addition, and through organic growth and acquisitions the Group have established a range of brands which are close to the core but offer a uniquely different range of products. These include Heitons Steel, Panelling Centre, Morgans Timber, Proline, Sitetech & Rooney's Hardware.
The role of Receptionist/Cashier is integral to our Branch Operations Team. Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Receptionist/Cashier will answer calls, process cash sales and assist in administration duties.
Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent written and numerical skills
- Excellent IT literacy with an ability to efficiently learn new systems
- 2 years previous cashier /Receptionist experience in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Answering all calls in a professional & efficient manner
- Management of all cash transactions at a very busy till, taking payment by cash, card or bank transfer
- Maintain a clean & tidy till and Reception area
- File all cash sale invoices documentation in an orderly manner
- Greet all customers in a polite and friendly manner and direct them to sales staff / product collection areas as appropriate
- Provide reception support, answering and transferring of calls
- Count the day’s takings each evening & reconcile the total taken against that day’s sales.
- Answer customer queries regarding cash sales, e.g., copies of card payments, record of returns / refunds etc
- Ensure all company policies are implemented accordingly
- Inputting stock information inot our system
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Effective team working and networking skills
- Commercial awareness and numeracy skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- The flexibility and willingness to learn
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- To enjoy working with people
- Branch Colleagues
- Branch Manager
- Support Office Team
- Full time 39 hour contract
- Working week Monday to Friday, may be required to take part in the Saturday roster
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Bonus Opportunity
- Private Health Care
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Saving Scheme
- Profit Share Scheme
- Colleague Discount
- Educational Assistance
- Wellness initiatives
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Chadwicks Group we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
DISCLAIMER: Chadwicks Group reserves the right at any time to change, delete, or add to any of the provisions of this Role Profile at its sole discretion and it is the colleagues responsibility to familiarise themselves with these changes. Furthermore, the provisions of this Role Profile are designed by Chadwicks Group to serve as guidelines rather than absolute responsibilities and duties.
- Order Picker - Delivery Hub, Birmingham
Job location: Birmingham Job salary: Starting rate £21,450 pro rata (£11.00 p/h)
The Job Working as part of a team providing ex...
- Retail Deputy Manager - Sandyford
Job location: Sandyford Job salary: DOE
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home & ...
- Store Manager
Job location: Job salary: Up to £40,000 depending on experience
Leyland SDM specialises in paint, tools, plumbi...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs