|Published:||about 1 month ago|
Plumbing & Heating Assistant Category Manager
Part of Grafton Group Plc, Chadwicks Group is the market leader in the builder’s merchanting industry in the Republic of Ireland. The core business is through the traditional Builders Merchants division. Main brands include Chadwicks, Cork Builders Providers, Davies & Telfords. In addition, and through organic growth and acquisitions the Group have established a range of brands which are close to the core but offer a uniquely different range of products. These include Heitons Steel, Panelling Centre, Morgans Timber, Proline & Sitetech.
Reporting to Heating Category Manager, the Plumbing & Heating Assistant Category Manger is expected to contribute to the profitable growth of our plumbing/heating category through sourcing and managing products, identifying trends in the market to guide our product offer, working with existing and new suppliers to maximise stock, purchasing and sales efficiencies, supporting sales staff with information and aiding sales. Reporting to Category Manager you will play an integral role in the success of our Category Management team.
Knowledge & Experience
- 5 Years within construction or other retail environment dealing with supplier and customers
- Proven experience of dealing with the relevant products
- Superior communications skills with the ability to interact with and share ideas effectively with employees at all levels of business, from associates to senior management.
- Strong multitasking skills and highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Capable and competent leader with the ability to influence others across functional disciplines.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, internal stakeholders, and suppliers.
- Excellent observation, evaluation, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse organisation.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify the needs of customers and build a positive customer experience in store to optimise customer loyalty and spend.
- 3rd level qualification in business or similar would be an advantage but not essential for the right candidate
- Excellent Microsoft Office and presentation skills
- To own the plumbing/heating category and optimise profit by developing a category strategy which maximises the customer engagement and share of wallet.
- Work closely with the warehouse team to ensure product availability, branch service levels and maximise profit and revenue.
- Manage purchasing budgets, develop and implement category strategies.
- Work with Group Procurement Director to develop and implement category initiatives and align with local supplier strategies. As required, represent Chadwicks Group in negotiations and supplier interactions.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders including to lead and/or facilitate cross-functional project teams; optimise internal processes and workflows related to supplier onboarding and delivery, and influence to make the most value-oriented purchasing decisions.
- Develop innovative supplier strategies through effective collaboration with stakeholders, solid knowledge of the market/industry, leverage of regional/global spend and thorough analysis of the options.
- Ensure supplier contracts and master data is up to date.
- Manage regional activities for category spends ensuring successful relationships with suppliers. Generate a focus on continuous improvement, increased savings and reduced risk.
- Plan, monitor, and report on category-specific objectives. Prepare and present supplier information and metrics for department teams and regional and leadership teams.
- Understand and inform on the plumbing/heating category to help lead and develop the strategy for the category
- Permanent full time
- Full time 39-hour contract
- Working week Monday to Friday (Hybrid Working)
Our Benefits Include
- Level 3 Role
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Competitive Performance Related Bonus
- Private Health Care
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Saving Scheme
- Profit Share Scheme
- Colleague Discount
- Educational Assistance
- Wellness initiatives
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Chadwicks Group we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
DISCLAIMER: Chadwicks Group reserves the right at any time to change, delete, or add to any of the provisions of this Role Profile at its sole discretion and it is the colleagues responsibility to familiarise themselves with these changes.
- Kitchen Design Consultant - North Dublin
Job location: Job salary: DOE
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home & ...
- Yard Supervisor - Heiton Steel - Clondalkin, Dublin 22
Job location: Dublin
Yard Supervisor - Heiton Steel - Clondalkin, Du...
- General Operative - Walkinstown, Dublin 12
Job location: Dublin Job salary: 26,000 - 30,000
General Operative - Walkinstown, Dublin 12 Part...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs