|Salary:||Up to £35,000 per annum|
|Published:||about 1 month ago|
Leyland SDM specialises in paint, tools, plumbing, electrical, woodwork & DIY materials from our 33 high street stores across London, supported by our central support team and distribution centre in Wembley. We are currently on an exciting journey and have some very ambitious growth plans.
Learning and Development Advisor/ Trainer - Let’s paint the picture for you!
We’re looking for a Learning and Development Advisor/Trainer to continue the great work we’re doing investing in the development of our colleagues through our Training Academy.
Based in our Acton store on the Uxbridge Road, the Learning and Development Advisor/Trainer will collaborate with the leadership team and managers across the business, to develop and deliver quality training that best suits the business needs, and the continuous learning and career development agenda. This role is a fantastic opportunity to support a growing trade and retail DIY business in London, and really make your mark.
What is the Learning and Development Advisor/Trainer accountable for?
- Deliver a premium induction programme for all new colleagues joining the business.
- Effectively deliver and/or co-ordinate the delivery professional development courses offered through the Training Academy covering Management Development, Health & Safety, Customer Service, Sales Techniques, Product Knowledge, Compliance, Systems and Processes.
- Assist in the design of course content, enhancing knowledge retention and transfer of knowledge.
- Continue the creation and delivery of digital elearning solutions through the eLearning platform.
- Assist in the assessment of training needs for new and existing employees, identifying training activities and systems to address competency gaps, as identified through feedback and colleague reviews.
- Provide post training support by conducting necessary follow-up to ensure content retention, answer questions and address issues or challenges
- Measure training effectiveness through regular reporting
- Remain up to date on learning tools, trends, and techniques
- Be instrumental in re-enforcing the learning and development culture in the business
What skills and experiences are we looking for?
- Proven ability to develop and deliver effective training content and courses
- Proven ability to manage classroom environment
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of the business
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite particularly PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Proven ability to work independently and collaborate with others
- Excellent ability with judgment, critical thinking, and initiative
- Excellent ability to perform multiple tasks effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision while meeting deadlines
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Knowledge of our products is not essential as training would be given, but would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Access Learn and/or Articulate Authoring Tool an advantage but full training will be provided
How will we reward you?
On top of an attractive salary, we have an excellent benefits package on offer:
* Hybrid working
* Generous bonus opportunity
* 33 days holiday a year (includes public holidays)
* Generous Company Pension contributions
* Up to 20% discount in Leyland SDM, plus discount across other Grafton Group brands
* Health Cashplan – claim money back on everyday healthcare needs and treatments (Dental, physio, prescriptions to name a few)
* Share saving scheme into our parent company, the Grafton Group
* Enhanced Maternity/ Paternity Leave
* Travel allowance
* Paid time off for Volunteering
* Company sick pay
* Life assurance
* Cycle2work scheme
* 100’s of retail discounts available through our flexible benefits portal
- Kitchen Design Consultant - North Dublin
Job location: Job salary: DOE
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home & ...
- Yard Supervisor - Heiton Steel - Clondalkin, Dublin 22
Job location: Dublin
Yard Supervisor - Heiton Steel - Clondalkin, Du...
- General Operative - Walkinstown, Dublin 12
Job location: Dublin Job salary: 26,000 - 30,000
General Operative - Walkinstown, Dublin 12 Part...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs