|Salary:||£23-25K Dependent on experience|
|Published:||about 1 month ago|
Fancy developing your career with the UK’s fastest growing builders’ merchants? We’re on the lookout for enthusiastic and ambitious individuals with a ‘can do’ attitude to help us serve the nation’s tradespeople.
We won’t pretend it’s not hard work and at times a challenging environment however you’ll be working with some great people and in return we offer a first-class rewards package.
We’re growing year-on-year with no signs of slowing down. With new branches opening their doors nationwide, this is your chance to be a part of our exciting journey and build your career with Selco.
We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer and are committed to creating a work environment that is diverse, inclusive and welcoming to all. Our aim is for Selco colleagues to be a true representation of all sections of society. We are committed to the Health and Safety of our Colleagues being our top priority.
This exciting role is within the Commercial Finance team of a well-established and growing business. The role assists the Commercial Finance Managers and their key stakeholders in analysing and reporting on the key business drivers, with emphasis on Stock, Capital and store performance.
- Assist in the production of weekly and monthly stock and capital reports
- Own the financial processes for capturing and reporting on property and utility costs in the form a central database
- Support the Commercial Finance team in analysing store property costs and with the budgeting and forecasting process
- Preparation and posting of month end journals
- Work closely with Property department and external agents to ensure that all existing and new store information is shared efficiently
- Preparation and production of new capital expenditure requests
- Ownership of preparing monthly capital additions and allocation of capital expenditure
- Production and distribution of month end reporting files
- Business partner with head office departments to understand performance vs budget, promptly highlighting areas of concern, focus or potential improvement – certain P&L lines will be of focus ie Property, Transport
- Ad hoc finance analysis for new business projects and trading queries
Skills & Experience
- Intermediate/ Advanced Excel skills with ability to handle large volumes of data
- Understanding of basic financial measures – e.g. sales, margin, stock, fixed assets
- Some experience of month end journals, P&L and balance sheet
- Ambition to study for an accountancy qualification (AAT, CIMA, ACCA) – study support will be provided
- Willingness to learn combined with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Strong attention to detail
- Enjoys communicating within and across teams
- Proactive in looking for improvements
- Full driving license – some UK travel may be required
- AAT part / fully qualified
- Experience in a fast-paced large volume environment
What can I expect in return?
At Selco, the opportunities for professional growth and development are immense. We actively support internal advancement through a fully developed and supported career path, with plenty of training opportunities along the way.
We also offer a huge range of company benefits, including a competitive salary, profit-based bonus scheme, free health cash plan, share save scheme, holiday buying, thousands of retail discounts and offers, a company pension scheme, Cycle to Work and free Life Assurance.
- Stock Control Assistant - Old Kent Road
Job location: Old Kent Road Job salary: Starting rate £21,424 pro rata (£10.30 p/h)
About Us Fancy developing your career with the ...
- Inventory Specialist
Job location: Tallaght Job salary: 28000 to 30000
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home& G...
- Team Leader - Kilkenny
Job location: Kilkenny Job salary: 31000 to 35000
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home & ...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs