|Published:||18 days ago|
Head Office, Wembley
Who we are?
Leyland SDM specialises in paint, tools, plumbing, electrical, woodwork & DIY materials. We have 33 high street stores across London, supported by our central support team and distribution centre in Wembley. We are currently on an exciting journey and have some very ambitious growth plans.
IT Manager - Let’s paint the picture for you!
What is the role about?
You will manage the IT Support Desk to provide an effective and efficient service, ensuring any escalations to any of the external service providers are dealt with according to their SLA’s. You will ensure the IT department delivers an agreed level of service to all Leyland SDM business areas. Managing and developing a first line IT Support team. Planning service delivery to meet Leyland SDM activities when needed. Working on projects to deliver change within the function and company. Identifying and finding solutions to issues of concern and supporting the work of the Head of IT to make improvements to the IT service delivered to the business. Providing information for and producing reports to go to the business and to the group on IT performance.
What will you be doing?
* Create a first line IT support service by recruiting, managing and developing and IT team to deliver an excellent helpdesk service to the business and its users.
* Manage external service providers to ensure they deliver their services to the quality Leyland SDM need.
* Ensure an agreed level of service is delivered to business functions and users by monitoring and reporting on agreed key performance indicators.
* Assisting the Head of IT to plan and deliver the changes needed to the services and infrastructure to meet the future objectives of the business.
* Being proactive you will identify any areas where additional resources or services are needed and escalate to the Head of IT with suggested solutions.
* Ensure that the necessary processes are in place, documented and are followed. And that they are regularly reviewed and updated where necessary.
* You will make sure that all systems, processes and records are all stored in an agreed place and that they are always available and up to date.
* Representing the department and communicating with colleagues to help them understand the service provided, correctly understand their issues and to promote IT Security within the business.
* Implement the changes requested by the Head of IT to meet the group critical controls to mitigate security risks.
What Skills & Experience will you need to have?
* People and management and development experience.
* Good communicator at all levels and able to manage the expectations of IT service users.
* Planning, organisation and time management skills. Able to prioritise tasks or activities.
* Managing performance of service providers.
* Negotiation experience with suppliers of hardware, software and services.
* Knowledge of a broad range of complex IT systems and software in a retail business.
* Knowledge of working with security solutions and controlling the security risks posed to a business.
* Good level of qualifications in IT based courses at a further education college.
How will performance in the role be measured?
* Performance of direct reports and meeting their objectives.
* Keeping the number of open IT incidents below an acceptable level.
* Performance of IT case management and resolutions.
* Engagement scores within department direct reports.
* Agreed objectives met to timescales.
How will we reward you?
* Annual bonus opportunity
* Free parking
* Career Development – our manager development programme is open to everyone, developing our leaders of the future
* 30 days holiday a year, increasing with service
* Up to 20% discount in Leyland SDM, plus discount across other Grafton Group brands
* Pension with competitive contributions
* Health Cash-plan – claim money back on everyday healthcare needs and treatments (Dental, physio, prescriptions to name a few)
* Share saving scheme into our parent company, the Grafton Group
* Company sick pay
* Life assurance
* Refer a Friend scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* 100’s of retail discounts available through our flexible benefits portal
If this sounds like an opportunity too good to miss, we want to hear from you!
Click Apply now.
- Kitchen Design Consultant - North Dublin
Job location: Job salary: DOE
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home & ...
- Yard Supervisor - Heiton Steel - Clondalkin, Dublin 22
Job location: Dublin
Yard Supervisor - Heiton Steel - Clondalkin, Du...
- General Operative - Walkinstown, Dublin 12
Job location: Dublin Job salary: 26,000 - 30,000
General Operative - Walkinstown, Dublin 12 Part...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs