|Salary:||Up to £45,000 per annum|
|Published:||about 1 month ago|
Leyland SDM specialises in paint, tools, plumbing, electrical, woodwork & DIY materials from our 33 high street stores across London, supported by our central support team and distribution centre in Wembley. We are currently on an exciting journey and have some very ambitious growth plans.
What is the role about?
The HR Advisor will be the primary point of contact for all HR related matters across our business. As the only dedicated HR Advisor role in the business, the individual will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, from operational day-to-day HR activities to more strategic initiatives in line with company objectives. The HR Advisor will work closely with the HR Director, store managers, and other stakeholders to ensure a harmonious, productive, and legally compliant work environment.
What will you be doing?
* Collaborate with the HR Director on strategic HR projects aimed at improving employee engagement, performance and talent management, reward, recognition and retention.
* Advise and support managers on a range of HR matters, including performance management, absence management, disciplinary and grievances issues.
* Conduct investigations when necessary and recommend appropriate actions.
* Foster positive employee relations and work to prevent and resolve any issues.
* Support and manage family friendly policies and processes, reward & benefits administration, and other HR-related processes and procedures.
* Stay updated with the latest employment laws and regulations.
* Ensure all HR practices and policies are in compliance with legal requirements.
* Support the HR Director in developing, updating, and implementing HR policies and procedures.
* Support the development of the annual performance review process, offering guidance and support to managers and employees ensuring consistent and fair performance evaluations.
* Regularly report on HR metrics to the HR Director, providing insights and recommendations.
* Conduct periodic HR audits to identify areas of improvement.
* Serve as the go-to HR contact for employees, answering queries, and providing guidance.
* Facilitate internal communications related to HR matters.
* Effectively challenging and coaching Managers to ensure that all HR issues e.g. recruitment and selection, discipline and grievance, absence, etc. are managed in a fair and consistent manner in line with relevant legislation, company policy and best practice.
* To support the wider HR team in the production and delivery of information briefings on a range of HR related topics.
What Skills & Experience will you need to have?
You must have:
* Ideally CIPD Qualified
* Have a proven record in HR advisory roles, preferably in a retail or multi site environment
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Good organisation and administration skills
* Be excellent with systems and processes
* Have good communication skills and the ability to liaise with people at all levels within the business
* Good awareness of ER policies and procedures and the implementation of these practices across a business
* Personal integrity, dependability and confidentiality
How will we reward you?
On top of an attractive salary, we have an excellent benefits package on offer:
* Hybrid working
* Generous bonus opportunity
* 33 days holiday a year (includes public holidays)
* Generous Company Pension contributions
* Up to 20% discount in Leyland SDM, plus discount across other Grafton Group brands
* Health Cashplan – claim money back on everyday healthcare needs and treatments (Dental, physio, prescriptions to name a few)
* Share saving scheme into our parent company, the Grafton Group
* Enhanced Maternity/ Paternity Leave
* Travel allowance
* Paid time off for Volunteering
* Company sick pay
* Life assurance
* Cycle2work scheme
* 100’s of retail discounts available through our flexible benefits portal
- Kitchen Design Consultant - North Dublin
Job location: Job salary: DOE
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home & ...
- Yard Supervisor - Heiton Steel - Clondalkin, Dublin 22
Job location: Dublin
Yard Supervisor - Heiton Steel - Clondalkin, Du...
- General Operative - Walkinstown, Dublin 12
Job location: Dublin Job salary: 26,000 - 30,000
General Operative - Walkinstown, Dublin 12 Part...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs