|Contact name:||Emilee March|
|Published:||about 1 month ago|
The HR Advisor will report to the Head of HR. This role will provide an effective and efficient, commercially focused people support service. It also requires you to be self-motivated, forward thinking and a great team player who’s always willing and ready to get stuck in.
Your main areas of focus will be employee relations, recruitment and training whilst ensuring that all elements are aligned to the overall business strategy. You will also have the opportunity to get involved in a wide range of activities and projects making the role very exciting, with no two days the same.
As well as performing your daily duties within the HR team, you will also act as an intermediary between other functions and departments and be the first point of contact for line managers and colleagues throughout the business.
Tasks and Activities:
Working closely with our Finance Team on all payroll processing matters and providing support and information for the monthly payroll.
Streamlining the payroll processes within CPI along with the Head of HR and Group Payroll Manager to providing a first-class service and process.
Employee Relations –
Advise managers on all employee relations issues, including Disciplinaries, Grievances, Appeals, Performance Management and all other policy, procedures, and working practices.
Effectively challenging and coaching Managers to ensure that all Employee Relations issues are managed fairly and consistently.
Provide face to face support to managers with potential high risk disciplinary, grievance, capability, Occupational Health and performance meetings.
Assist with complex investigations and consultation processes were necessary.
Using Makodata (our HR data portal) to identifying trends in the business and providing reports as and when required.
Participate and assist in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures, ensuring full compliance with employment law and training managers on the policies as required.
Working closely with the HR Systems team in supporting our learning and HR systems.
Supporting the business with the onboarding process such as preparing offer letters, induction packs, contract change letters, employment references, RTW and the processing of other HR related activities.
Communicating with colleagues in areas including offers of employment, probation periods, and any changes to terms and conditions.
Ensure the required employment documentation is legally compliant with all current HR legislation and GDPR requirements.
Liaising with our benefit providers when necessary.
Working with the Operations, Technical and Comms & Engagement Manager in ensuring the induction and training plans are constantly improved to achieve a streamlined and effective introduction to CPI.
Be the first point of contact for all things relating to the learning management system, LearnXD.
Provide and run monthly reports.
Support with running apprenticeships.
Actively involved with and supporting WorkVivo, our Internal Communications platform.
Undertake and assist with other HR projects as and when required.
Skills and Experience:
* Previous work experience in an HR ‘Advisory’ level role
* Employee relations/ case management experience
* Part or fully qualified in the CIPD
* Experience using various HR systems and using Reporting Analytics – People XD would be advantageous
* Knowledge of current employment law, GDPR legislation
* Attention to detail with strong numeracy and literacy skills
* Ability to work through tasks methodically and takes pride in achieving accuracy
* Passionate about delivering a great service
* Excellent relationship building skills, creating effective communication across all levels
* Highly organised, self-motivated, can-do attitude
* Ability to work individually and as a team
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
* A team player who is comfortable working under pressure in a varied & busy environment
* Excellent project and time management skills – ability to plan and manage own time working independently
* Problem solving attitude
* Previous knowledge/ experience of Recruitment or HR Self-Service Systems
* Qualification in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or similar field
* You’ll receive 31 days holiday (includes bank holidays) with additional long term holiday rewards being offered after 3, 5 and 10 years service
* Save on tax through our Company contributory pension scheme through salary sacrifice
* All colleagues at CPI receive full Life Assurance cover
* An optional ‘Save as you earn’ Group share save scheme is available after 6 months service
* All colleagues receive a company paid Private Health Cash plan for you and your dependents, helping to support the cost of everyday healthcare
* Spread the cost of a new bicycle through our national Cycle to work scheme
* Colleague Discount card covering all businesses within Grafton Group
* You’ll have instant access to hundreds of retail discounts and cashback opportunities through our benefits portal
* Our free, confidential Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial, legal to home and family issues
* We offer annual health screenings for all colleagues at all our sites
* In terms of career development, we offer the opportunity for progressions through certified routes and team coaching and mentorship.
- Assistant Manager | Team Leader - Lucan
Job location: Lucan Job salary: 31000 to 35000
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home & ...
- Assistant Manager | Team Leader - Blanchardstown
Job location: Blanchardstown Job salary: 31000 to 33000
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home & ...
- Trade Sales Advisor - Dundalk
Job location: Dundalk
Trade Sales Advisor Part of Grafton Group Plc, ...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs