Group Internal Auditor
|Contact name:||Simon Owen|
|Published:||about 2 months ago|
The Group Internal Audit team provides assurance and risk management support across the Group’s businesses and Head Office functions. Our work involves reviews in areas including financial reporting, IT, supply chain, HR and payroll, inventory management, branch operations, investments and acquisition. The individual will work within the existing Group Internal Audit team and be responsible for performing audit reviews including planning, fieldwork and reporting, as well as helping to develop the Group’s risk management processes. The individual will report into Susan Walsh from the Group Internal Audit team and be based in the Group Head office at the Hive in Sandyford. The role will involve occasional travel to the offices of other businesses in the Group both in Ireland, the UK and Europe.
Grafton is an international trade focused, multi-channel distributor of construction products. The success of the business is based on the quality of the products it distributes and the quality of the service it provides to its customers. The Group aims to build on its leading market positions in the UK, Ireland, The Netherlands and Finland and to grow internationally in distribution and related markets.
Key accountabilities include:
* Depending on qualifications and experience the individual will have the opportunity to undertake study to acquire either the Internal Audit Practitioner Level 4 certificate or Certified Internal Audit qualification and adapt your learning into practical application
* Performing internal audit reviews allocated from the Group Plan, including the planning and execution of audit work and testing, within agreed timeframes. initially audits will be performed with other team members but with experience the individual will progress to being responsible for their own audits;
* Drafting audit reports including findings and recommendations, agreeing the implementation actions with management and performing follow up activity on those actions;
* Assisting with the development of the Group Internal Audit Plan, including identification of areas for potential future audit work;
* Assisting with the reporting of Group Internal Audit activity to the Audit Committee and Senior Management;
* Assisting with the development / implementation of the Group’s Risk Management Procedures at both a Group and business unit level;
* Helping to ensure compliance with Operating and Accounting Polices and Corporate Governance Standards;
* Liaising with Internal Control and Loss Prevention functions of subsidiary businesses;
* Assisting with integration of any acquisitions and the implementation of an appropriate control environment within new businesses, post-acquisition capital expenditure reviews, and financial due diligence as required; and
* Work on ad hoc projects as directed by the Group Internal Audit Director and Team.
* Support the improvement of procedures and processes to ensure that the best service delivery is given to our stakeholders and the wider business.
* Help drive continuous improvement across the Group IA team and the wider business.
What are we looking for?
* Ability to understand and analyse business processes, identify potential problems and propose solutions.
* Analytical and forward thinking to anticipate future problems/risks and develop mitigation plans.
* Good interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to a broad spectrum of individuals.
* Well organised with the ability to plan workload to achieve deadlines.
* Ability to juggle competing demands and request for support.
* Proactive nature, & forward thinking, positive disposition & flexible.
* Proficient Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Comfortable communicating with all levels of the company, in a professional manner whilst acknowledging confidentiality.
* Self-motivated and happy working solo and as part of a team.
* Friendly, self-confident, conscientious with a sense of humour.
What can you expect in return?
* Salary depending on experience and qualifications
* Time allowed in working week to study and complete learning for either the IIA Practitioner Certificate or the Certified Internal Auditor qualification. If successful there will be the opportunity to study for further relevant qualifications. E.g. Chartered Internal Auditor
* Annual bonus opportunity
* Hybrid home/office working (minimum of 3 days in the office per week required)
* 22 days holiday a year (plus bank holidays) increasing up to 25 after 3 years in role
* Discount card for Grafton brands
* Salary sacrifice pension contributions
* Health Insurance
* Share participation scheme
* Company sick pay
* Life assurance
* Cycle to work scheme
* 100’s of retail discounts available through our flexible benefits portal
* Free office parking
- Order Picker - Delivery Hub, Birmingham
Job location: Birmingham Job salary: Starting rate £21,450 pro rata (£11.00 p/h)
About Us Fancy developing your career with the ...
- Accounts Administrator (Part Time- Permanent)- Proline, Inchicore
Job location: Dublin
Accounts Administrator (Part Time- Permanent)- ...
- Stock Control Assistant - Hanger Lane
Job location: London Job salary: Starting rate £22,620 pro rata (£11.60 p/h)
About Us Fancy developing your career with the ...
Get new jobs for this search by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs