|Salary:||Great Salary & Benefits Package|
|Contact name:||Niall Jameson|
|Published:||15 days ago|
Group Finance Assistant Manager
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, technical and commercially savvy accountant to join our award-winning Group Finance team as Group Finance Assistant Manager. Reporting to the Head of Group Reporting, this is a highly visible role offering exposure to a well-regarded management team at plc Board and Senior Group Management level. The role will involve collaboration with colleagues in our business units in the UK, Ireland, the Netherlands and Finland.
Main Purpose of the Role:
This position supports the Group Finance team and is responsible for the preparation of the Group monthly consolidated results and Management Information Pack (MIP), for submission to the Board. The role will also support the Group Finance team with the preparation of the Group Interim Report, the Group Annual Report and numerous Trading Updates. You will be a key member of the team assisting with the production of the Group Quarterly Forecasts, Annual Budget and 5 Year Plans to tight timelines, including review and analysis.
Management and Financial Reporting
- Assist the Group Finance team with the preparation of the monthly consolidated income statement, cashflow statement and balance sheet, for review by the Head of Group Reporting
- Assist in the preparation of the MIP in accordance with strict deadlines
- Full responsibility for the preparation of the monthly Group flash results
- Liaise with the Finance Manager - Reporting & Technical to ensure that all technical matters have been accounted for correctly, with particular focus on critically assessing the IFRS 16 impact on the Group results
- Work with the Group team on the Like-for-Like monthly analysis and, as required, for the various Trading Updates/Announcements
- Prepare monthly management accounts for a number of trading and holding companies by collecting large amounts of data; analysing and investigating variances; summarising data, information and trends, within strict deadlines
- Liaise with Business Units regarding their source data to ensure accuracy, quality and completeness of all incoming data and routinely challenge the information reported to the Group as appropriate
- Continually adapt and improve monthly management reports/working papers as agreed with the Head of Group Reporting
- Be a key point of contact for any queries on the Group consolidation system while also ensuring that all internal control and policies are maintained
- Full responsibility (with support from the Group Finance team) for ensuring that all entities are compliant with local legislative requirements (i.e. completion of statutory financial statements, VAT, tax returns etc.)
- Develop good working relationships with the various business units and also with the team at Group
- Assist with the training and development of other team members at Group
- Ensure all processes are in line with Group guidelines and procedures
- Regular cash-flow monitoring and forecasting, including working capital analysis
- Deliver best-in-class high quality external and internal reporting
- Other ad hoc duties as prescribed by the Head of Group Reporting to assist in achieving the objectives of the Group finance function
Interim Results, Final Results and Annual Report
- Support in the preparation of Interim Results, Final Results and Annual Report to include liaising with auditors as required
- Researching technical accounting issues, as required by Group.
- Prepare interim and annual statutory reporting packs for various trading and holding companies
Skills, Knowledge and Experience of Role:
Accounting and Systems
- Accounting/consolidation experience ideally in a large complex organisation, including monthly and quarterly reporting, annual budget preparation etc.
- Familiarity with consolidation systems (e.g. Planful or Hyperion) and ERP systems
- Advanced use of excel (Pivots/Macros)
- Highly proficient Microsoft Office user
- Ability to ‘think outside the box’ and to assimilate data into meaningful financial information
- The ability to continuously automate and innovate is a key priority
- Strong database and spreadsheet manipulation skills
- A meticulous and methodical approach
- Ability to develop and improve report formats in line with Group Management and Board requirements
Project Management Skills
- Ability to deliver accurate, high-quality work and reports to deadlines and to required standards
- Good report development and writing skills
- High standard of written and verbal English
- Ability to delegate and manage the work of others
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within a large international organisation and with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Energetic and positive with an upbeat attitude - a good sense of humour is a must
- Strong intellect with a good eye for detail
- Flexible approach to work, willing to play a full role in ensuring the success of the team
- Consistent performance under pressure while remaining calm and self-assured
- Willingness to travel as the business has operations based in Ireland, the UK, the Netherlands and Finland and has ambitions to develop in other geographies
- The successful candidate will be a graduate, large firm trained ACA with at least three years post qualification experience ideally gained in a large complex organisation. Any exposure to group consolidations, a plc or a commercial operating environment would be a distinct advantage.
- Plumbing & Heating Sales Representative - Gorey/Bray
Plumbing & Heating Senior Sales Representa...
- Retail Manager - Bray
Job location: Bray
Retail Manager Part of Grafton Group Plc, Chad...
- Sales Representative - Carlow
Job location: Carlow
Sales Representative Part of Grafton Group Plc,...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs