|Published:||17 days ago|
Part of Grafton Group Plc, The Chadwicks Group is the market leader in the builder's merchanting industry in the Republic of Ireland. Main brands include Chadwicks, Heiton Buckley, Cork Builders Providers, Panelling Centre, Davies, Telfords, Proline & Sitetech.
Reporting to the Yard Supervisor, the General Operative will be responsible for the upkeep and organisation of the yard and warehouse area. Working effectively as part of a team in which you'll make sure our customers can rely on a timely, friendly and dependable service.
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous General operative experience is required
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous experience in a busy builders' providers an advantage
- Previous stock management experience desirable
- Receive and check off deliveries, highlighting any anomalies and ensuring secure, correct and timely storage of such deliveries in line with health and safety guidelines
- Ensure that the warehouse/store is kept tidy at all times, that stock is clearly identifiable and low stock levels highlighted to management where necessary to make certain products are available at all times
- Responsible for picking, packing and loading of company vehicles
- Actively safeguard against theft of goods or company property by being security conscious at all times
- Work and communicate as a team member to ensure the warehouse operates efficiently and effectively within company policy
- Perform any other duties as may be deemed necessary or as may be required by the company
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Effective team working
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- The flexibility and willingness to learn
- To enjoy working with people
- Excellent organisation and attention to detail
- Department Colleagues
- Yard Supervisor
- Stock Controller
- Customers & Suppliers
- Full time 39 hour contract
- Working week Monday to Friday, may be required to take part in Saturday's roster
Our Benefits Include
Competitive Basic Salary
Private Health Care
Sick Pay Scheme
Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
Colleague Saving Scheme
Profit Share Scheme
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Chadwicks Group we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- General Operative- Mallow Road- Cork
Job location: Cork
General Operative- Cork Builders Providers- Mal...
- Customer Assistant (Checkouts) - Cheltenham
Job location: Cheltenham Job salary: Starting rate £20,800 pro rata (£10.00 p/h)
About Us Fancy developing your career with the ...
- Sales Representative - Roscommon
Job location: Roscommon
Sales Representative - Roscommon Part of Graf...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs