|Salary:||Up to £40,000 per annum plus fantastic benefits|
|Published:||20 days ago|
Deputy Warehouse Manager
**Who we are:**We are the local experts
We're regarded as the trusted decorating and DIY retail brand in London, selling paint, tools, plumbing, electrical and woodwork materials throughout our 32 stores. As part of the Grafton Group we have the stability and support of a leader in the field of building materials and DIY retail.
Deputy Warehouse Manager - Let's Paint The Picture For You!
As the Deputy Warehouse Manager you'll be leading and motivating a team of Warehouse colleagues, managing the entire Warehouse operations in the absence of the Warehouse Manager.
You'll move at pace to pick the right products, ensuring our stores are receiving what they need to serve our customers across London, and ensuring the warehouse is kept clean and tidy at all times, and dealing with deliveries.
Deputy Warehouse Manager - What will you be responsible for?
- Liaise with customers, suppliers, and transport companies
- Coordinate and monitor the receipt, order, assembly, and dispatch of goods
- Use space and mechanical handling equipment efficiently, making sure quality, budgetary targets and environmental objectives are met
- Have a clear understanding of the company's policies and vision and how the warehouse contributes to these
- Coordinate the use of automated and computerised systems where necessary
- Respond to and deal with customer communication by email and telephone
- Keep stock control systems up to date and make sure inventories are accurate
- Plan future capacity requirements
- Organise the recruitment and training of staff, as well as monitoring staff performance and progress
- Motivate, organise, and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded
- Produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Brief supervisors and team leaders daily
- Visit customers to monitor the quality of service they are receiving
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene, and security in the work environment, for example, ensuring that stock such as chemicals and food are stored safely
- Oversee the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery, and equipment
- Where appropriate, oversee the maintenance and operation of warehouse management systems and automated storage and retrieval systems.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Numeracy and an understanding of finance for stock management
- People management skills, including the ability to inspire, lead and motivate a team of people, delegate work and explain ideas
- Teamworking skills
- Planning and organising skills to effectively manage the flow of stock
- Analytical ability
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Initiative and decisiveness
- Technical and IT skills, particularly when it comes to database management and spreadsheets
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to work on a tactical and strategic level
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A flexible approach to work and shift patterns
- Knowledge of the legal requirements of operating a warehouse
- CPC knowledge
- Transport management and legislation knowledge
How will we reward you?
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Opportunities to be involved in wider business projects
- 30 days holiday a year, increasing with service
- Up to 20% discount in Leyland SDM, plus discount across other Grafton Group brands
- Pension with competitive contributions
- Share saving scheme into our parent company, the Grafton Group
- Company sick pay
- Health Cash-plan – claim money back on everyday healthcare needs and treatments (Dental, physio, prescriptions to name a few)
- Life assurance
- Refer a friend scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 100’s of retail discounts available through our flexible benefits portal
- Stock Control Assistant - Old Kent Road
Job location: Old Kent Road Job salary: Starting rate £21,424 pro rata (£10.30 p/h)
About Us Fancy developing your career with the ...
- Inventory Specialist
Job location: Tallaght Job salary: 28000 to 30000
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home& G...
- Team Leader - Kilkenny
Job location: Kilkenny Job salary: 31000 to 35000
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home & ...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs