|Salary:||Starting rate £22,500 p/a|
|Published:||24 days ago|
Fancy developing your career with the UK’s fastest growing builders’ merchant? We’re on the lookout for enthusiastic and ambitious individuals with a ‘can do’ attitude to help us support our ever growing branch network who serve the nation’s tradespeople.
We won’t pretend it’s not hard work, however you’ll be working with some great people and in return we offer a first-class rewards package.
We’re growing year-on-year with no signs of slowing down. With new branches opening their doors nationwide, this is your chance to be a part of our exciting journey and build your career with Selco.
We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer and are committed to creating a work environment that is diverse, inclusive and welcoming to all. Our aim is for Selco colleagues to be a true representation of all sections of society. We are committed to the Health and Safety of our Colleagues being our top priority.
- To provide excellent customer recognising the potential in a customer and maximise their sales potential.
- Liaise closely with Branch Operational teams and Support Centre teams, to ensure an efficient delivery service is maintained.
- To facilitate, process and manage external customer sales, ensuring excellent end to end customer service
- Adhere to and deliver the Central Sales Office SLA’s agreed by your line manager
- Ensure self-improvement by maintaining and improving your product and project knowledge to exceed customer expectations
- To ensure the effective communication with Branches, team, and other cross functional departments to ensure the efficient taking and passing on of external sales.
- Knowledge levels must be maintained to ensure efficient use of all IT and related systems
- You will be responsible for ensuring all customer service concerns are dealt with efficiently and according to policy and procedure, providing a 1st line fix where possible.
- Understand market conditions, competitor activity and pricing,
- You will recognise the potential in customers and ultimately maximise their sales potential via delivered business, specials and Direct to Site deliveries.
- To follow company procedures ensuring a strong understanding of HR and Operational Procedures relating to your role.
- Ensure that the workplace is Health and Safety compliant.
- External sales allocation to branches using effective communication skills, IT skills and analysis of Branches delivery operations.
- Manage call logging systems and internal IT systems
- Manage incoming sales and targeted with increasing basket value, to incorporate project mentality, whilst maintaining margin performance.
- To work as part of a team and a rota.
- Ensure end of day Banking procedures are followed routinely.
- Any other duties or projects that you may be requested to complete at the request of your line Manager
Our customers rightly demand great service, but they love a bit of banter too. You’ll need to be customer focussed, a team player who is able to work with others, resourceful with drive and enthusiasm.
What can I expect in return?
At Selco, the opportunities for professional growth and development are immense. We actively support internal advancement through a fully developed and supported career path, with plenty of training opportunities along the way.
We also offer a huge range of company benefits, including a competitive salary, profit-based bonus scheme, free health cash plan, share save scheme, holiday buying, thousands of retail discounts and offers, a company pension scheme, Cycle to Work and free Life Assurance.
- Stock Control Assistant - Old Kent Road
Job location: Old Kent Road Job salary: Starting rate £21,424 pro rata (£10.30 p/h)
About Us Fancy developing your career with the ...
- Inventory Specialist
Job location: Tallaght Job salary: 28000 to 30000
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home& G...
- Team Leader - Kilkenny
Job location: Kilkenny Job salary: 31000 to 35000
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home & ...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs