|Published:||about 1 year ago|
We’re regarded as the most helpful decorating and DIY retail brand, selling paint, tools, plumbing, electrical and woodwork materials throughout our 32 stores across London with ambitious growth plans over the next 5 years. As part of the Grafton Group we have the stability and support of a leader in the field of Building Materials & DIY Retail to support these growth plans.
To support our development and growth, we are now looking to further strengthen our Commercial team with an experienced and innovative Category Manager.
What is the job about?
- You’ll be ensuring that the purchasing strategy for your area and processes are created and aligned to business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets
- Responsible for managing relationships and negotiating terms with key suppliers
- Maintaining those supplier relationships and evaluation process to measure supplier performance and compliance
- Forecasting price and market trends to identify changes
- Building and maintaining ranges that suit the needs of our Trade and DIY customers
- You’ll also support the coaching and development of the wider Category Management team to ensure the category objectives are being met
What Skills & Experience will you need to have?
- Proven supplier management/negotiation skills with a track record of developing great relationships
- Exceptional track record of price management within a large retail operation, delivering excellent financial results against budget
- Experience in range management
- Managing & tracking supplier rebates
- Product bench-marking experience within retail
- Ability to understand Company financial information
- Experience creating business reports and creating an action plan from this
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the business
How will we reward you?
We have an excellent benefits package on offer:
- Annual bonus opportunity
- 25 days holiday a year plus public holidays
- Up to 20% discount in Leyland SDM, plus discount across other Grafton Group brands
- Enhanced pension with salary sacrifice contributions
- Health Cashplan – claim money back on everyday healthcare needs and treatments (Dental, physio, prescriptions to name a few)
- Share saving scheme into our parent company, the Grafton Group
- Company sick pay
- Life assurance
- Cycle2work scheme coming soon
- 100’s of retail discounts available through our flexible benefits portal
- Team Leader Blanchardstown
Job location: Blanchardstown Job salary: €32-35K
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home & ...
- Order Picker - Portsmouth
Job location: Portsmouth Job salary: Starting rate £22,620 pro rata (£11.60 p/h)
The Job Working as part of a team providing ex...
- Replenishment Specialist - Naas Road
Job location: Job salary: DOE
Woodie's; the market leader DIY, Home and Garde...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs