|Published:||about 1 month ago|
Head Office - Wembley
Leyland SDM specialises in paint, tools, plumbing, electrical, woodwork & DIY materials. We have 33 high street stores across London, supported by our central support team and distribution centre in Wembley. We are currently on an exciting journey and have some very ambitious growth plans.
What is the role about?
We are looking for a Category Assistant to assist the category manager to plan and implement agreed strategies and procedures to ensure the smooth ordering of goods to the business while assisting the category manager in building supplier relationships. The role consists of a lot of administrative work through our ERP system ensuring correct buying practices are followed.
What will you be doing?
* Continually reviewing the top 250 products supplied from the warehouse, and direct to store, providing feedback on demand and availability from our suppliers.
* Monitoring product availability and ensuring temporarily unavailable products are communicated to stores, and if unavailable for over 6 weeks; a replacement product is brought in.
* Liaising with suppliers where needed to ensure trade agreements are being adhered too.
* Ensure all trade agreements are continually updated.
* Look at product exit strategies to ensure deleted products are reduced throughout the business.
* Create and monitor new products, ensuring it is available and in all stores where required.
* Reviewing supplier spend and ensuring it meets projected forecast.
* Manage product deletions ensuring it is cleared through the business following the category managers strategy.
* Creating new products and making sure the correct attributes are set up to ensure that products go through the supply chain quickly and efficiently.
What Skills and Experience will you need to have?
* Track record of delivering excellent financial results against budget.
* Track record of working within a buying department.
* Product benchmarking experience within retail
* Excellent communications skills – both written and verbal
* Ability to understand Company financial information
* Delivery of excellent purchasing standards
* Proficient IT Skills especially Excel
* Experience creating reports and creating an action plan from this.
* Experience of retail management
* Knowledge of the DIY sector
* Experience in ERP systems preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX
How will we reward you?
On top of an attractive salary we have an excellent benefits package on offer:
* Annual bonus opportunity
* 30 days holiday a year (includes public holidays)
* Up to 20% discount in Leyland SDM, plus discount across other Grafton Group brands
* Pension with competitive contributions
* Health Cashplan – claim money back on everyday healthcare needs and treatments (Dental, physio, prescriptions to name a few)
* Share saving scheme into our parent company, the Grafton Group
* Company sick pay
* Life assurance
* Cycle2work scheme
* 100’s of retail discounts available through our flexible benefits portal
If this sounds like an opportunity too good to miss, we want to hear from you!
- Kitchen Design Consultant - North Dublin
Job location: Job salary: DOE
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home & ...
- Yard Supervisor - Heiton Steel - Clondalkin, Dublin 22
Job location: Dublin
Yard Supervisor - Heiton Steel - Clondalkin, Du...
- General Operative - Walkinstown, Dublin 12
Job location: Dublin Job salary: 26,000 - 30,000
General Operative - Walkinstown, Dublin 12 Part...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs