|Published:||13 days ago|
Part of Grafton Group Plc, Chadwicks Group is the market leader in the builder’s merchanting industry in the Republic of Ireland. Main brands include Chadwicks, Heiton Buckley, Cork Builders Providers, Panelling Centre, Davies & Telfords.
As Branch Supervisor you will work closely with the Branch Manager to continue driving the development of the branch business plan in order to achieve revenue, profit, margin, customer service and safety goals. You will be the main point of contact for all of the daily functions within the branch, generating a culture of continued improvement through performance coaching and leading by example in terms of commitment, enthusiasm and drive. The successful candidate will bring a motivated and dynamic approach to the role, you will provide leadership & guidance whilst assisting the Branch Manager with the people management agenda.
Knowledge & Experience
* Commercially Astute
* A strong understanding of the construction industry
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with a keen attention to detail and superb organisational skills
* This person must present a professional presence
* People management skills within the construction industry
* Enjoy working with people, strong ability to negotiate obstacles and focus on key issues and make well-judged decisions
* Be flexible and self - motivated
* Full competence with standard software packages, including MS Word and Excel
* Third level degree in a commercial discipline is desirable but not essential
* Work closely with the Branch Manager to assist in driving the development of the Branch
* Ensure that standards are met for service excellence
* Improve the performance of the Branch across a number of key performance measures
* Have an understanding of accounting practices
* Cash office management
* Maintain customer & branch contracts/pricing structures
* Oversee management of Aged Stock & special items
* Support the stock control department
* Provide leadership in resolving supplier or customer queries as required
* Manage branch record keeping
* Competent in all branch support activities, e.g., till, reception, goods inwards, ordering, etc., in order to provide short term & immediate back-up when required & act as an advisor when necessary
* Ensure all obligatory record keeping is maintained, escalate & follow problems as necessary
* Generate a culture of continued improvement through performance coaching and leading by example in terms of commitment, enthusiasm and drive
* Ensuring that all policies, procedures and controls are followed at all times
* Ensuring that the branch provide a friendly open and enthusiastic customer service both in person and on the phone
- Credit Controller
Job location: Wembley
Credit Controller Head Office, Wembley We a...
- Apprentice HR Systems and Data Analyst
Job location: Birmingham
About Us Grafton is an international trade focu...
- Credit Control Manager
Job location: Wembley Job salary: Up to £60,000
Credit Control Manager Based at Head Office in...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs