|Published:||about 1 month ago|
We are regarded as the trusted decorating and DIY retail brand in London, selling paint, tools, plumbing, electrical and woodwork materials throughout our 32 stores. As part of the Grafton Group we have the stability and support of a leader in the field of Building Materials and DIY Retail.
Let’s paint the picture for you!
We’re looking for a Area Stock Controller to improve the overall stock control performance of the Stores by working with the Store Management Team(s) to coach and develop colleagues to the correct level of knowledge, and identify and work with the Store Management Team to implement a plan for root cause issues and concerns. This role is a fantastic opportunity to support a growing trade and retail DIY business in London.
What will you be doing?
Process Efficiencies and Service Improvements
* Using data sources to identify and review the area’s stock loss performance, identifying stock trends and making recommendations on how to improve through best practice
* Identify process improvements; implementing these to ensure smoother running
* Investigate abnormal results/figures and feedback to Store Manager and Area Manager to see if loss/gain is genuine; amending if necessary
* Review and identify issues with price adjustments and consumables report, and relay back to line manager to ensure stores are only consuming what is needed and are selling product at the correct price
* Assist with new store openings to ensure systems are running correctly
* Create and manage the stock loss improvement plan for all underperforming stores; identifying any issues or obstacles the store may have, providing feedback and working with the HR Business Partner and Area Manager to manage performance as required
* Prepare and distribute the weekly stock loss report for stores and leadership to action; investigating to ensure stores and leadership have visibility of the current stock movement
* Ensuring all pending invoices to suppliers are actioned in a timely manner
Bringing out the best in our people
* Develop training resources and materials on how to best use our internal systems this will allow them to become proficient and independent whilst using AX.
* Responsibility for managing and maintaining the knowledge of the Area Team through creation and implementation of training road map for all new colleagues, and ongoing support for existing colleague’s training support needs
* Review store team member’s performance alongside the area manager, ensuring these are in line with our Vision and Values and meeting expectations, and all targets and KPIs, to ensure correct processes are followed
* Help to identify and set annual stock loss targets for individual stores, conducting quarterly reviews with each store to improve on last year’s figures
Governance, Compliance and Reporting
* Overview reports to line managers on all Store results - weekly, quarterly and per year, ensuring leadership can measure store’s performance against targets
* Creating and supplying a store breakdown reports, ensuring stores can see their stock performance and trends
* Overview of pending supplier invoices and all discrepancies to ensure no accounts are put on hold
* Work with the commercial team to ensure stores have the highest availability possible
* Challenge and coach team to achieve processes in stores for clearing unavailable product lines, thus aiding stock movement.
* Understanding and correcting minimums and maximums for Stores, and reviewing the stock holding to ensure stores are at their most efficient
What Skills and Experience will you need to have?
You definitely have:
* Be a confident decision maker - taking ownership
* Supporting colleagues to be successful??
* Bags of initiative – you’ll be a solutions focused, team-player attitude
* Excellent understanding of the AX system and functionality
* Excellent prioritising; adapting daily to suit the needs of the business
* Passion and energy demonstrated for the success of the business and your Area
* Role model behaviour is demonstrated to all colleagues, acting as a brand ambassador and inspiring others
* Demonstrating and sharing best practice to support and develop our teams
* Be approachable for support and advice, actively listening and respecting other thoughts and opinions, all voices matter
* Form open communication, being proactive in sharing your strengths and experiences with others to support and improve performance, and ensure success
* Be creative in engaging and delivering results with your colleagues
How will your role be measured?
* Stock loss compliance to the AX results
* QTR and annual stock review improvements LFL
* Training and self-sufficiency of stores
* Overall Stock loss result for the Area
* Stock improvement store improvement plans and delivery of results at the acceptable level.
- Credit Controller
Job location: Wembley
Credit Controller Head Office, Wembley We a...
- Apprentice HR Systems and Data Analyst
Job location: Birmingham
About Us Grafton is an international trade focu...
- Credit Control Manager
Job location: Wembley Job salary: Up to £60,000
Credit Control Manager Based at Head Office in...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs