|Published:||about 2 months ago|
We are regarded as the trusted decorating and DIY retail brand in London, selling paint, tools, plumbing, electrical & woodwork materials throughout our 32 stores. As part of the Grafton Group we have the stability and support of a leader in the field of Building Materials & DIY Retail.
Let’s paint the picture for you!
We’re looking for a specialist who will help bring to life our brand new Training Academy, which will ensure all new people joining the business get the best induction and our existing colleagues are given the best opportunities to learn to skills and knowledge to enable them to develop their career. The Trainer will collaborate with the leadership team and managers across the business, to develop and deliver quality training that best suits the business needs, and continuous learning and career development agenda. This role is a fantastic opportunity to support a growing trade and retail DIY business in London.
What is the Trainer accountable for?
- Effectively deliver Instructor Led (face to face and/or virtually) professional development courses offered through the Leyland Academy covering Induction, Health & Safety, Customer Service, Sales Techniques, Product Knowledge and Systems & Processes.
- Assist in the design of course content, enhancing knowledge retention and transfer of knowledge.
- Assist in the assessment of training needs for new and existing employees and identifying training activities/systems to address competency gaps, as identified through feedback and colleague reviews
- Deliver engaging and interactive trainings sessions for colleagues, effectively meeting the needs of all learning and communication styles
- Provide post training support by conducting necessary follow-up to ensure content retention, answer questions and address issues/challenges
- Assist with the design and application of assessment tools to measure training effectiveness
- Remain up to date on learning tools, trends, and techniques
- Encourage the integration of HR best practice into working practises and business planning
What skills and experiences are we looking for?
- Proven ability to develop and deliver effective training programs
- Proven ability to manage classroom environment regardless of size
- Excellent presentation skills-ability to deliver training virtually and via eLearning
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization, global employees as well as clients
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite particularly PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Proven ability to work independently and collaborate with others
- Excellent ability with judgment, critical thinking, and initiative
- Excellent ability to perform multiple tasks effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision while meeting deadlines
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Knowledge of our products is not essential as training would be given, but would be an advantage
How will we reward you?
On top of an attractive salary we have an excellent benefits package on offer:
- Annual bonus opportunity
- 33 days holiday a year (includes public holidays)
- Up to 20% discount in Leyland SDM, plus discount across other Grafton Group brands
- Pension with competitive contributions
- Health Cashplan – claim money back on everyday healthcare needs and treatments (Dental, physio, prescriptions to name a few)
- Share saving scheme into our parent company, the Grafton Group
- Company sick pay
- Life assurance
- Cycle2work scheme coming soon
- 100’s of retail discounts available through our flexible benefits portal
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs