|Published:||13 days ago|
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home & Garden retailer in Ireland with 35 stores nationwide and an online presence. We are proud to be listed as Ireland's Top Retailer by Great Places to Work and an official Best Workplaces for Women for the past three years! We are also recognised by the Irish Centre for Diversity & Inclusion as an accredited Investor in Diversity.
We are looking for a Leader to help grow and develop our team and our brand.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Experienced in retail, sales or operations and ready to step up
- Exposure to people management activities in a customer-facing environment
- Have a desire to support and mentor our store colleagues
- Be an authentic leader who builds an environment where every colleague can be themselves and do their best work.
- Be comfortable with holding performance-related discussions when needed
- Be a superb communicator with the ability to articulate messages clearly, listen to others, and engage with people
- Place a value on innovation and trying new ideas
- Recognise the importance of diversity of thought and backgrounds as key factors for teams to operate at their best.
Main role responsibilities include:
- Delivering extraordinary customer service, actively mentoring and motivating our store team
- Effectively communicating business goals and objectives to our colleagues
- Identifying commercial opportunities in your local area
- Being responsible for cash and stock control
- Supporting the store management team in making the best use of our payroll and headcount budgets
- Supporting with the recruitment of store colleagues when required
- Authorising and handling refunds and exchanges
- Managing performance of your store colleagues
- Conducting Performance Appraisals when required and supporting with talent and succession planning for your team
- Following health and safety regulations whilst maintaining excellent operational standards to provide a safe environment for our customers and colleagues.
- Create a phenomenal shopping experience for all customers
- Full time 39-hour contract
- Working week 5 out of 7 days; every second weekend and Bank holiday required
Our benefits include:
- Company Pension
- Discounted Healthcare
- Paid Maternity & Parental leave
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Educational Assistance
- Bonus Scheme
- Colleague Discount
- Wellness initiatives
- Stock Control Assistant - Old Kent Road
Job location: Old Kent Road Job salary: Starting rate £21,424 pro rata (£10.30 p/h)
About Us Fancy developing your career with the ...
- Inventory Specialist
Job location: Tallaght Job salary: 28000 to 30000
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home& G...
- Team Leader - Kilkenny
Job location: Kilkenny Job salary: 31000 to 35000
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home & ...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs