|Salary:||Up to £11.30 an hour depending on experience|
|Published:||11 months ago|
We are regarded as the trusted decorating and DIY retail brand in London, selling paint, tools, plumbing, electrical and woodwork materials throughout our 32 stores. As part of the Grafton Group we have the stability and support of a leader in the field of Building Materials and DIY Retail.
Let’s paint the picture for you!
We do retail differently! You'll be assisting trade and retail customers with all their DIY, decorating and building material needs, offering advice and guidance on a vast range of products and services. We are the local experts, and our customers are loyal to our specialist knowledge.
As the Store Supervisor you will be part of the store management team you’ll be assisting with training and ensuring store processes run smoothly, including opening and closing, cashing up, and stock counts, and ensuing excellent customer service.
Our environments are very sociable and whether we're mixing paint, providing outstanding service at the tills, managing deliveries or keeping the store looking it's best we do it with enthusiasm, knowing our customers will keep coming back for the same outstanding service.
What key skills and experiences are we looking for?
- Passion and desire to work in retail management – there’s natural progression into Deputy Manager roles!
- Confident communication skills – You will be interacting with customers and colleagues everyday
- Can-do attitude - We work better together, going the extra mile every day for each other and our customers
- Appetite to learn – Whether it's the products we sell, mixing paint, or our other in store services and store procedures – the opportunities will be endless!
- Previous customer facing experience - Whether in a builders merchant, DIY or other retailers, or hospitality
- Flexibility – Our stores are open 7 days a week, with opening times generally from 6:30am – 6pm with reduced hours at the weekends
How will we reward you?
We have an excellent benefits package on offer:
- Annual bonus opportunity of up to £1400 (This was achieved in 2021)
- Career Development – our fast track managers programme is open to everyone, developing our leaders of the future
- 30 days holiday a year, increasing with service
- Up to 20% discount in Leyland SDM, plus discount across other Grafton Group brands
- Pension with competitive contributions
- Health Cashplan – claim money back on everyday healthcare needs and treatments (Dental, physio, prescriptions to name a few)
- Share saving scheme into our parent company, the Grafton Group
- Company sick pay
- Life assurance
- Cycle2work scheme coming soon
- 100’s of retail discounts available through our flexible benefits portal
- Van Driver - Hanger Lane
Job location: London Job salary: Starting rate £25,038 p/a (£10.70 p/h)
About Us Fancy developing your career with the ...
- Senior Field Sales Representative - South Dublin
Job location: South Dublin
Senior Plumbing & Heating Sales Representat...
- Sam Hire Sales Executive - South Dublin
Job location: South Dublin
Plant Hire Sales Executive Part of Grafton Grou...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs