|Salary:||Up to £11.30 an hour|
|Published:||about 1 month ago|
We are regarded as the trusted decorating and DIY retail brand in London, selling paint, tools, plumbing, electrical & woodwork materials throughout our 30 stores. As part of the Grafton Group we have the stability and support of a leader in the field of Building Materials & DIY Retail.
Let’s paint the picture for you!
You'll be assisting trade and retail customers with all their DIY, decorating and building material needs, offering advice and guidance on a vast range of products and services. We are the specialists and our customers are loyal to our expertise and knowledge.
As part of the store management team you’ll be assisting with training and ensuring store processes around opening and closing, cashing up, stock counts run smoothly.
Our environments are very sociable and whether we're mixing paint, providing outstanding service at the tills, managing deliveries or keeping the store looking it's best we do it with enthusiasm, knowing our customers will keep coming back for the same outstanding service.
What key skills and experiences are we looking for?
Passion and desire to work in retail management – there’s natural progression into Deputy Manager roles!
Confident communication skills – You will be interacting with customers and colleagues everyday
Can do attitude - We work better together, going the extra mile every day for each other and our customers
Appetite to learn – The products we sell, mixing paint, our other in store services and store procedures – the opportunities will be endless!
Previous customer facing experience - Whether in a builders merchant, DIY or other retailers or hospitality
Flexibility – Our stores are open 7 days a week, with opening times generally 6:30am – 6pm with reduced hours at the weekends
How will we reward you?
We have an excellent benefits package on offer:
* Monthly bonus opportunity of upto £100
* Quarterly bonus opportunities of upto £250
* Annual bonus opportunity of upto £400 (This was achieved in 2021)
* Career Development – our fast track managers programme is open to everyone, developing our leaders of the future
* 30 days holiday a year, increasing with service
* Upto 20% discount in Leyland SDM, plus discount across other Grafton Group brands
* Pension with competitive contributions
* Health Cashplan – claim money back on everyday healthcare needs and treatments (Dental, physio, prescriptions to name a few)
* Share saving scheme into our parent company, the Grafton Group
* Company sick pay
* Life assurance
* Cycle2work scheme coming soon
- 100’s of retail discounts available through our flexible benefits portal
- Sales Representative
Job location: Tullamore
Sales Representative Part of Grafton Group Plc,...
- Branch Supervisor
Part of Grafton Group Plc, Chadwicks Group is t...
- Team Leader (Trade Sales) - Watford
Job location: Watford Job salary: Starting rate £23,296 p/a (£11.20 p/h)
About Us Fancy developing your career with the ...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs