|Salary:||Up to £40,000 per annum plus fantastic benefits|
|Published:||22 days ago|
Acton Vale / Shepherds Bush, London
Who we are:
We are the local experts.
We're regarded as the trusted decorating and DIY retail brand in London, selling paint, tools, plumbing, electrical and woodwork materials throughout our 32 stores. As part of the Grafton Group we have the stability and support of a leader in the field of building materials and DIY retail.
Our Acton store based just of the busy Uxbridge Road, is a hub for everything specialist in decorating & DIY. Our largest store in square footage with customer parking a real destination store for the trade customer, building our relationships with these customers is vital but also developing our retail trade in the weekdays & weekend. The Store Manager role here would preferably suit a candidate from a trade background with some retail experience the store has huge potential for future growth in next 5 years and we are looking for right Store Manager to come on that journey.
Our business is growing and we're keen to find outstanding retail Store Managers to lead our teams and support our future growth; becoming local experts that are trusted and relied upon by our loyal customers. Our superb training plan will set you up to succeed so you're ready to be captain of your ship.
Store Manager - Let’s paint the picture for you!
The Store Manager role in Leyland SDM has evolved; our managers are leading highly knowledgeable teams in delivering outstanding service to both trade and retail customers day in, day out.
Our store experience and team cultures are underpinned by our values, and are vital to continue our strong performance. Our Store Managers play a key role in making this happen.
You’ll be driving and motivating your team to deliver exceptional standards in everything we do.
As a Store Manager you’ll also:
- Lead, manage and coach colleagues and teams to create a ‘winning’ store culture, ensuring all colleagues are local experts; able to provide exceptional customer service
- Ensure key store compliances are being met; including stock control, health and safety, and people rostering
- Lead the way in ensuring store standards are consistently at the highest level
- Liaise and keep in contact with key account customers
- Manage people responsibilities – Recruitment, HR, probation/people reviews and reward and recognition
- Work with the wider business to improve the store brand and presence within London communities
Store Manager - What key skills and experiences are we looking for?
You’ll have a great track record in managing and leading teams in a customer facing retail environment, and a strong commercial mind.
Organising and planning will be second nature to you – an interest in DIY is always handy!
How will we reward you?
We have an excellent benefits package on offer:
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Opportunities to be involved in wider business projects
- 30 days holiday a year, increasing with service
- Up to 20% discount in Leyland SDM, plus discount across other Grafton Group brands
- Pension with competitive contributions
- Share saving scheme into our parent company, the Grafton Group
- Company sick pay
- Health Cash plan – claim money back on everyday healthcare needs and treatments (Dental, physio, prescriptions to name a few)
- Life assurance
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 100’s of retail discounts available through our flexible benefits portal
- Kitchen Sales Advisor - Navan
Job location: Navan Job salary: 30000
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home & ...
- Plant Hire Fitter - Castlebar
Job location: Castlebar
Hire Fitter Part of Grafton Group Plc, Chadwic...
- Branch manager - Sligo
Job location: Dublin
Branch Manager Reporting to the Regional Dire...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs