|Published:||17 days ago|
Part of Grafton Group Plc, Chadwicks Group is the market leader in the builder’s merchanting industry in the Republic of Ireland. Main brands include Chadwicks, Sam Hire, Cork Builders Providers, Panelling Centre, Davies & Telfords. The Chadwicks Group currently employs approximately 1,400 colleagued in over 50 locations.
Reporting to the Branch Manager the role of the Stock Controller is to perform daily cycle counting and investigation of variances while also overseeing stock takes in their branch.
Knowledge, Education & Experience
* Customer and supplier return systems and procedures
* Knowledge of general administration / clerical systems
* Excellent IT literacy with an ability to efficiently learn new systems
* Good product knowledge of Building/Plumbing Materials
* Knowledge of internal systems including Goods Inwards would be a distinct advantage
* Ability to plan, prioritise and organise the function effectively e.g. Planning counts ahead
* Daily Cycle Counts – Maintain maximum level of daily counts <70 to 90 items per day>
* Daily Goods Inwards – prompt input and compliance with procedures
* Update & maintain accuracy of branch computer-based stock management system
* Run Variance report & investigate all shortages / overages
* Ensure all materials in yard, stores and shop are properly labelled
* Report to Branch Manager on high value items with variances
* Identify aged and slow-moving stock; liaise with charge hands and other branches
* Liaise with stores staff for changes on dockets
* Liaise with yard foreman to maintain neat & tidy stocks, and forward planning of counts
* Liaise with Price File team on Bar-code issues/corrections required etc.
* Ability to prioritise workload
* Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
* Excellent organisation and attention to detail
* A pro-active approach with a general positive and enthusiastic attitude
* Have excellent numerical / Data entry skills
* Computer Literate with excellent Microsoft Excel skills
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Work well within a team
* Ability to work on your own initiative
* Branch Colleagues
* Branch Manager
* Regional Director
* Support Office team
* Sales Representative
* Customers & Suppliers
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Chadwicks Group we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- General Operative- Mallow Road- Cork
Job location: Cork
General Operative- Cork Builders Providers- Mal...
- Customer Assistant (Checkouts) - Cheltenham
Job location: Cheltenham Job salary: Starting rate £20,800 pro rata (£10.00 p/h)
About Us Fancy developing your career with the ...
- Sales Representative - Roscommon
Job location: Roscommon
Sales Representative - Roscommon Part of Graf...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs