|Published:||3 months ago|
Typical Tasks & Activities
* Build effective working relationships with customers, in order to understand their requirements thus ensuring that the correct products are supplied.
* Use initiative to identify sales opportunities and offer advice and solutions to customers, thus maximising profitable sales and margin.
* Maintain a clean and effectively displayed work area in line with company policy.
* Ensure that company policies are followed at all times when producing paperwork associated with sales.
* Liaise with suppliers where necessary.
* Support the Branch Manager and colleagues in working as a team to ensure the branch operates efficiently and effectively within company policy.
* Ensure a tidy working environment at all times in line with health and safety guidelines.
* Actively safeguard against theft of company goods or property by being security conscious at all times.
* Perform any other duties as may be deemed necessary or as may be required by the company.
Skills & Experience
* Able to meet and exceed branch bonus targets
* Able to demonstrate excellent and up-to-date product knowledge.
* Able to comply with health and safety requirements/regulations
* Must be tidy and organised with a keen eye for detail
* Must be prepared to fully support the Branch at the twice yearly stock-take.
* Should be willing to be flexible in duties undertaken e.g. relief counter sales/warehouse/driver duties as and when required.
* Experience of working within a Builder’s Merchants
44.5 hrs per week
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs