|Salary:||Up to £10.85 an hour plus fantastic benefits|
|Published:||about 1 month ago|
We are the local experts.
We’re regarded as the trusted decorating and DIY retail brand in London, selling paint, tools, plumbing, electrical and woodwork materials throughout our 32 stores. As part of the Grafton Group we have the stability and support of a leader in the field of building materials and DIY retail.
Our Chelsea store is on the Kings Road and one of our busiest stores, with both trade and retail customers getting great advice and products everyday. We are looking for a part time candidate to work 24 hours throughout the week who is fully flexible.
Let’s paint the picture for you!
We do retail differently! As a Sales Advisor at Leyland SDM you'll be viewed by our loyal customers as a local expert. You’ll be assisting trade and retail customers with all their DIY, decorating and building material needs; offering advice and guidance on a vast range of products and services.
Don’t worry if you’ve never worked in DIY retail before, you’ll receive all the product knowledge training you need to support you in becoming our next local expert!
Our environments are very sociable and whether we're mixing paint, providing outstanding service at the tills, managing deliveries or keeping the store looking its best, we do it with enthusiasm.
Sales Advisor - What key skills and experiences are we looking for?
- Confident communication skills – You’ll be interacting with customers everyday
- Can-do attitude - We work better together, going the extra mile every day for each other, and for our customers
- Appetite to learn – Whether it's the products we sell, mixing paint, our other in-store services and procedures – the opportunities to learn will be endless!
- Previous customer facing experience - Whether that’s from a builders’ merchant, DIY or other retailers, or hospitality
- Flexibility – Our stores are open 7 days a week, with opening times generally from 6:30am – 7pm with reduced hours at the weekends
How will we reward you?
We have an excellent benefits package on offer:
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Career Development – our fast track manager’s programme is open to everyone, developing our leaders of the future
- 30 days holiday a year, increasing with service
- Up to 20% discount in Leyland SDM, plus discount across other Grafton Group brands
- Pension with competitive contributions
- Health Cash-plan – claim money back on everyday healthcare needs and treatments (Dental, physio, prescriptions to name a few)
- Share saving scheme into our parent company, the Grafton Group
- Company sick pay
- Life assurance
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 100’s of retail discounts available through our flexible benefits portal
- Kitchen Sales Advisor - Navan
Job location: Navan Job salary: 30000
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home & ...
- Plant Hire Fitter - Castlebar
Job location: Castlebar
Hire Fitter Part of Grafton Group Plc, Chadwic...
- Branch manager - Sligo
Job location: Dublin
Branch Manager Reporting to the Regional Dire...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs