|Published:||19 days ago|
Part of Grafton Group Plc, Chadwicks Group is the market leader in the builder’s merchanting industry in the Republic of Ireland. Main brands include Chadwicks, Heiton Buckley, Cork Builders Providers, Panelling Centre, Davies & Telfords.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Regional Director is responsible for managing, developing and monitoring the performance of a number of branches within Chadwicks Group in keeping with the overall strategy of the business.
Knowledge & Experience
- 3-5+ years in a similar senior position
- Significant experience of managing a team
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage remotely
- A good knowledge of the building materials industry
- The ability to solve problems and make decisions, as well as think laterally and offer creative solutions
- The Director is a key member of the senior management team and will contribute on all elements of strategy within the business.
- Create a sales-driven culture across the region, driving the Regional Managers to ensure excellent levels of customer service and exceptional operating standards are maintained in their branches.
- Manage your team ensuring clear targets and objectives are defined and met on a regular basis
- Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs
- Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational and sales activities
- Identify new opportunities to develop and grow the business, both at an overall business and regional level
- Work closely with branch managers to maximize sales and margin targets
- Liaise with Business Support to ensure we capture the best margin in all areas of our business
- Drive a strong culture across the region, creating a highly engaged and motivated team, who understand their objectives and their role in achieving them
- Ensure that health & safety rules, policies and procedures are being followed in all departments of our business
- Facilitate co-ordination and communication between support functions both internally and with Chadwicks Group
- Implement and manage operational plans
- Foster & encourage an understanding of risk and a culture of compliance in the business
- Manage staff training requirements
- Review, evaluate and update existing internal controls & procedures
- Ensure that all company policies and procedures are being followed and improve processes and policies where needed
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Effective team management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The flexibility and willingness to learn
- Enjoys working with people
- The ability to manage change
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong analytical skills
- A positive attitude to continued learning
- IT literacy and the ability to handle analytical data
- Regional Branch Manager
- Regional Branch Colleagues
- Senior Management team
- Head of Operations
- Head Office team
- Team Leader (Trade Sales) - Watford
Job location: Watford Job salary: Starting rate £23,296 p/a (£11.20 p/h)
About Us Fancy developing your career with the ...
- Team Leader - Lucan
Job location: Lucan Job salary: 30200
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home & ...
- HGV Driver - Wembley
Job location: London Job salary: £37,400 p/a (£16.00 p/h)
About UsFancy developing your career with the U...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs