|Salary:||Up to £25,000 per annum plus fantastic benefits|
|Published:||2 months ago|
Merchandise Admin Assistant
Head Office - Wembley
Who we are: We are regarded as the trusted decorating and DIY retail brand in London, selling paint, tools, plumbing, electrical and woodwork materials throughout our 32 stores. As part of the Grafton Group we have the stability and support of a leader in the field of building materials and DIY Retail.
Merchandise Admin Assistant - Let’s paint the picture for you!
We are looking for a Merchandise Admin Assistant to manage our inventory, and purchase merchandise based on our company’s needs. As the Merchandise Admin Assistant you’ll be tracking shipments, overseeing inventory audits, and maintaining reports of purchases and pricing.
To be successful in this role, you should be familiar with supply chain procedures, and have strong communication skills in order to interact with vendors, clients, and internal teams.
Ultimately, you will increase profitability and effectiveness by maintaining optimal stock levels of quality products at all times.
This role would suit someone who is looking to start their career in retail sourcing, buying and product development.
Merchandise Admin Assistant - What will you be doing?
- Continually reviewing the top 250 products supplied from the warehouse, and direct to store, providing feedback on demand and availability from our suppliers.
- Monitoring product availability and ensuring temporarily unavailable products are communicated to stores, and if unavailable for over 6 weeks; a replacement product is brought in.
- Forecast supply and demand to prevent overstocking and running out-of-stock (OOS)
- Enter purchase details (vendors’ information, invoices, and pricing) into internal databases
- Placing and receiving orders to replenish stocks as needed
- Track shipments, and address any delays
- Oversee storage of products, particularly of fragile items
- Evaluate suppliers’ offers and negotiate profitable deals
- Coordinate regular inventory audits
- Liaise with warehouse colleagues and other internal teams to test products’ quality (status upon delivery and storage conditions)
- Keep updated inventory records (including daily shipments)
- Ensure purchases do not exceed budget
Merchandise Admin Assistant - What Skills and Experience will you need to have?
- Proven work experience as a Stock Controller, Inventory Manager, Merchandise Admin Assistant, or similar
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures
- Working knowledge of inventory management software
- Active participation in inventory audits
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong communication and negotiation abilities
- Experience of retail management
- Knowledge of the DIY sector
- Experience in ERP systems preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX
How will we reward you?
On top of an attractive salary we have an excellent benefits package on offer:
- Annual bonus opportunity
- 30 days holiday a year (includes public holidays)
- Up to 20% discount in Leyland SDM, plus discount across other Grafton Group brands
- Pension with competitive contributions
- Health Cash-plan – claim money back on everyday healthcare needs and treatments (Dental, physio, prescriptions to name a few)
- Share saving scheme into our parent company, the Grafton Group
- Company sick pay
- Life assurance
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 100’s of retail discounts available through our flexible benefits portal
- Kitchen Sales Advisor - Navan
Job location: Navan Job salary: 30000
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home & ...
- Plant Hire Fitter - Castlebar
Job location: Castlebar
Hire Fitter Part of Grafton Group Plc, Chadwic...
- Branch manager - Sligo
Job location: Dublin
Branch Manager Reporting to the Regional Dire...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs