|Published:||6 days ago|
CIVILS & LINTELS - HR ADVISOR
Huthwaite, Nottingham, NG17 2HU
Who Are We Looking For;
The HR Advisor role will report to the HRD, this role will provide an effective and efficient business focused people support function.
You will have the opportunity to get involved in a wide range of activities and projects so certainly not for the faint hearted, main tasks would be but not limited to;
Employee Relations – Case Management;
- Advice managers on all employee relations issues, including Disciplinaries, Grievances, Appeals, Performance Management, all other policy, procedures, and working practices.
- Effectively challenging and coaching Managers to ensure that all ER issues are managed fairly and consistently.
- Provide face to face support to managers with potential high risk disciplinary, grievance, capability and performance meetings.
- Assist with complex investigations and consultation processes were necessary.
- Run training workshops were the need has been identified
- Work closely with other HR Shared Service functions (Payroll, Pensions, Systems, Health & Safety)
Recruitment - Management of the Recruitment System;
- Updating the status of current jobs on our internal database and careers platform as well as external web links i.e. Indeed, LinkedIn
- Ensure jobs status is kept up to date and candidates kept informed
- Communication with hiring managers and other recruitment partners to ensure timely management of reviewing and interviewing process
Previous work experience in an HR ‘Advisory’ level role, at least 5 years
Employee relations/ case management experience, at least 5 years
Experience using various HR systems and using Reporting Analytics – CoreHR would be advantageous
Knowledge of current employment law, GDPR legislation
Attention to detail with strong numeracy and literacy skills
Ability to work through tasks methodically and takes pride in achieving accuracy
Excellent relationship building skills, creating effective communication across all levels
Highly organised, self-motivated, can do attitude
A team player who is comfortable working under pressure in a varied & busy environment
Excellent project and time management skills
Problem solving attitude
Build a Career at Civils & Lintels
What Do We Offer?
* Competitive rates of pay
* 31 days holiday (23 days plus bank holidays)
* Family friendly working hours, we have no weekends or late nights, hours reflect depot opening
* Company discretionary bonus scheme
* Company contributory pension scheme
* Colleague Discount card covering all group business
Hundreds of retail discounts on our benefits system Grab, our one stop shop for all things covering colleague benefits*
* Career progression offering a range of development programs and training courses
* Full and part-time opportunities
* Being part of a successful and ambitious “winning team”
Who is C&L?
We're a leading specialist distributor of groundworks and heavy side construction materials serving customers across the UK from our national depot network. This is serviced by a dedicated ﬂeet of crane off-load vehicles to ensure on time delivery across the UK. With a turnover in excess of £200M with an expanding depot network.
We are a busy, fast-paced business we’re anything is possible; we are open to new ideas and champion innovation we certainly do not stand still we like to get on with it.
Tomorrow’s construction projects will be more planet-friendly and people-friendly than ever before. Civils & Lintels exists to help achieve that mission with the latest products and the best advice, delivered exactly where and when needed. Every day, we’re proud to be part of a better tomorrow.
We offer great benefits and plenty of opportunities to learn new skills, to develop your career! There’s always something going on to get excited about.
And getting it right starts with having great people. So why not join us?
OUR CRAZY GOAL
A winning team, delivering a better future for our customers
Ambitious Striving to always do things better tomorrow than we did today
We Value our People Our people are our greatest asset
Trustworthy and Responsible Committed to conducting our business in a socially responsible way
Being the best for our Customers Being our customers best supplier, makes us who we are
Entrepreneurial and Empowering Its new ideas that help us to innovate and stay ahead
Social Distancing and COVID-19
Like most businesses, we have had to change the way we do things to ensure our colleagues are working safely as well as our customers and suppliers.
We have introduced a set of Safer Operating Procedures which include:
* Additional PPE supplied to you to ensure a clean and sanitised working areas
* No delivery signatures required
* Social distancing in place in all of our depots
Careers at Civils & Lintels. Be Part of a Better Tomorrow
- Team Leader (Trade Sales) - Watford
Job location: Watford Job salary: Starting rate £23,296 p/a (£11.20 p/h)
About Us Fancy developing your career with the ...
- Team Leader - Lucan
Job location: Lucan Job salary: 30200
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home & ...
- HGV Driver - Wembley
Job location: London Job salary: £37,400 p/a (£16.00 p/h)
About UsFancy developing your career with the U...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs