|Published:||18 days ago|
Hardware Category Manager
Part of Grafton Group Plc, Chadwicks Group is the market leader in the builder’s merchanting industry in the Republic of Ireland. Main brands include Chadwicks, Heiton Buckley, Cork Builders Providers, Panelling Centre, Davies & Telfords.
The Hardware Category Manager will be expected to contribute to the profitable growth of our hardware category through sourcing products, identifying trends in the market to guide our product offer, ensure the layout of our stores are optimised and to work closely with colleagues and suppliers to ensure we have competitive prices. Reporting to the Category director you will play an integral role in the success of our Category Management team.
Knowledge & Experience
* 5 Years within construction or other retail environment dealing with supplier and customers
Proven experience of dealing with product selection, ordering and retail space planning*.
* Superior communications skills with the ability to interact with and share ideas effectively with employees at all levels of business, from associates to senior management.
* Strong multitasking skills and highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
* Capable and competent leader with the ability to influence others across functional disciplines.
* Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, internal stakeholders, and suppliers.
* Excellent observation, evaluation, and negotiation skills.
* Ability to work in a diverse organisation.
* Experience working with space management tools. E. Commerce and other digital initiatives delivering a positive customer experience
* Demonstrate an ability to identify the needs of customers and build a positive customer experience in store to optimise customer loyalty and spend.
* 3rd level qualification in business or similar would be an advantage but not essential for the right candidate
* Excellent Microsoft Office and presentation skills
* Experience of International sourcing, trade shows and managing extended lead times.
* To own the hardware category and optimise profit by developing a category strategy which maximises the customer engagement and share of wallet.
* Manage purchasing budgets, develop and implement category strategies.
* Work with Group Procurement Director to develop and implement category initiatives and align with local supplier strategies. As required, represent Chadwicks Group in negotiations and supplier interactions.
* Collaborate with internal stakeholders including to lead and/or facilitate cross-functional project teams; optimise internal processes and workflows related to supplier onboarding and delivery, and influence to make the most value-oriented purchasing decisions.
* Develop innovative supplier strategies through effective collaboration with stakeholders, solid knowledge of the market/industry, leverage of regional/global spend and thorough analysis of the options.
* Ensure supplier contracts and master data is up to date.
* Manage regional activities for category spends ensuring successful relationships with suppliers. Generate a focus on continuous improvement, increased savings and reduced risk.
* Establish supplier relationship management program in conjunction with stakeholders. Conduct regular supplier evaluation and develop suppliers using agreed targets and service levels.
* Maximising margin in the Hardware Category through space management and other margin maximising tools.
* Plan, monitor, and report on category-specific objectives. Prepare and present supplier information and metrics for department teams and regional and leadership teams.
* Understand and inform on the hardware category to help lead and develop the strategy for the category
* Effective team working and networking skills
* Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
* The flexibility and willingness to learn
* To enjoy working with people
* Tact and diplomacy
* Strategic Planning
* Problem Solving
* Dynamic, motivated & driven to achieve targets
* Excellent organisation and attention to detail
* Category team
* Branch Managers
* Branch Sales Representative
* Category Director
* Group Category Director
* Head Office team
* Customers & Suppliers
* Marketing & Customer Experience teams
* Business Development team
* Operations team
* Accounts Payable
* Full time 39 hour contract
* Working week Monday to Friday
Our Benefits Include
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Bonus Opportunity
- Comany vehicle
- Private Health Care
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Saving Scheme
- Profit Share Scheme
- Colleague Discount
- Educational Assistance
- Wellness initiatives
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Chadwicks Group we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- Plumbing & Heating Sales Representative - Gorey/Bray
Plumbing & Heating Senior Sales Representa...
- Retail Manager - Bray
Job location: Bray
Retail Manager Part of Grafton Group Plc, Chad...
- Sales Representative - Carlow
Job location: Carlow
Sales Representative Part of Grafton Group Plc,...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs