|Contact name:||Susan Lannigan|
|Published:||about 2 months ago|
An opportunity has arisen to join the Group Company Secretarial team in one of Ireland’s leading companies as Assistant Company Secretary (Maternity Leave Cover).
This is an excellent opportunity for a bright, ambitious and motivated individual to make an impression in a highly visible role with exposure to senior executive management and plc Board directors.
The role will report to the Deputy Company Secretary and will also support the Group Company Secretary on ongoing and ad hoc obligations. The individual appointed will play a key role within the Group Company Secretarial function to deliver an efficient and effective company secretarial service and ensure compliance with relevant obligations under company law, stock exchange rules and corporate governance guidelines.
The successful candidate will be an exceptional team player, have solid technical knowledge of company law and corporate governance and excellent organisational and communication skills. Previous experience in a plc environment would be a distinct advantage.
The primary functions of this maternity leave cover role will be:
* Providing support and assistance to the Company Secretary and Deputy Company Secretary on day-to-day company secretarial matters and specific ad hoc projects;
* Managing the statutory accounts approval and filing process for the Group’s subsidiaries;
* Maintaining and updating bank mandate records for Group companies;
* Managing the administration of Group share schemes;
* Maintaining statutory records and registers for Group subsidiaries;
* Managing CRO / Companies House filings for the Company and its subsidiaries;
* Arranging execution and sealing of legal documents;
* Proving support and assistance to the Group Remuneration Committee and Nomination Committee;
* Submitting regulatory announcements related filings;
* Supporting company secretarial aspects of corporate projects company reorganisations, strike off and dissolutions;
* Management and updating of the Group website;
* Acting as secretary to internal committees;
* Assisting with production of investor presentations and communications.
Qualifications and experience
The ideal candidate will be a graduate, ICSA qualified or with a legal qualification and at least three years’ experience in a similar role in a corporate environment, ideally a listed plc.
* Energetic and upbeat attitude;
* Strong social and communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with colleagues and management;
* An instinctive team player who is keen to engage, learn and develop;
* Proactive and capable of working autonomously;
* A pragmatic and flexible attitude and a willingness to assist with a broad range of duties;
* Consistent performance under pressure while remaining calm and self-assured;
* Disciplined, highly organised, detailed and focused on quality work.
Analytical and Technical Skills
* Strong intellect and a high standard of written and verbal English;
* Familiarity with Diligent legal entity management system and Diligent Board portal;
* Highly proficient Microsoft Office user;
* Experience of website management and/or graphic design would be beneficial but is not essential.
Note: This Job Description reflects the current position. It does not preclude any changes that might be required to the role in line with the future development of the Group.
- Stock Control Assistant - Old Kent Road
Job location: Old Kent Road Job salary: Starting rate £21,424 pro rata (£10.30 p/h)
About Us Fancy developing your career with the ...
- Inventory Specialist
Job location: Tallaght Job salary: 28000 to 30000
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home& G...
- Team Leader - Kilkenny
Job location: Kilkenny Job salary: 31000 to 35000
Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home & ...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs